Votes: 21 6.4%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 44 13.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think he'll be there at our pick ...
I have pick #1 in my dynasty keeper league fantasy draft - really really hoping Jagga Smith goes to Richmond as his combination of ball winning ability and the role available at Richmond will be chefs kiss. If Richmond take Lalor and/or FOS and we end up with Jagga it would actually give me a very tough decision to make. Do I back in the prime role that an impact player like Lalor or FOS would have at Richmond or the more natural ball winner in Jagga Smith but in a more competitive midfield like Carlton where he may be required to spend more time on the flanks or wings.

But from a Carlton perspective i'd love Jagga (second only behind Draper). I have a feeling Richmond might not take him though and he could be available to us.

Draft Smith.

Pick up Keath from the Dogs, who prob gets delisted, and he can replace Sam Durdin.

Would then have Jagga, Keath and Charlie in the side. Can't lose.

Draft Smith.

Pick up Keath from the Dogs, who prob gets delisted, and he can replace Sam Durdin.

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

I have pick #1 in my dynasty keeper league fantasy draft - really really hoping Jagga Smith goes to Richmond as his combination of ball winning ability and the role available at Richmond will be chefs kiss. If Richmond take Lalor and/or FOS and we end up with Jagga it would actually give me a very tough decision to make. Do I back in the prime role that an impact player like Lalor or FOS would have at Richmond or the more natural ball winner in Jagga Smith but in a more competitive midfield like Carlton where he may be required to spend more time on the flanks or wings.

But from a Carlton perspective i'd love Jagga (second only behind Draper). I have a feeling Richmond might not take him though and he could be available to us.
Just cant see why Richmond wouldn't pick him, they've seen him up close in their VFL team. I hope they do pass on him it would be great for us.

Jagga Smith would be a great pick up. Looks like a butters/serong type hybrid that could add to our mids.

I'd be shocked if the Tigers don't pick him with pick 1 or even pick 2 that they will probably get from North.

From the limited footage I've seen of Draper he is giving me Dow vibes and I can't shake it. Dow with better hand passing. Just looks like he is quick but indeceive with ball in hand and a bit of a hack kick (better kicking than Dow though).

Out of the proposed top 4 I want Smith but I don't think we will be that lucky. He just screams next Richmond captain in about 4-5 years time unfortunately.

I like Smith he looks like he has more time like the great players do his movement creates space and time for great disposal.
He looks like he could play forward early as his ball winning and snaps would suite a small forward role even though height wise he isn’t small.
He’s one touch and always looks to maximize his disposal

Does anyone else also think there is a lot of over-hype about the Hawks trade period. Battle as a delisted free agent was a good get. However they’ve given up a future 1st, 2nd and 3rd pick for Barrass. If they’d picked up the Barrass of pre 2023, I reckon it’d be worth it, but the reality I think is that he hasn’t been the same since the horrific back/kneck injury he suffered in round 18, 2023. It’s a very significant injury:

I’m glad we didn’t target him, as I think he’s a massive risk!

What we can't afford is to F this up. Draper and Jagga appear bust proof and have what we need:

Draper raw pace, explosiveness, agility and clearance combined with consistent participation in accumulating and second efforts

Jagga natural accumulation, neat to good disposal, good decision making and speed and agility

Has to be one of those two.
I second that !!!!!

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jagga Smith would be a great pick up. Looks like a butters/serong type hybrid that could add to our mids.

I'd be shocked if the Tigers don't pick him with pick 1 or even pick 2 that they will probably get from North.

From the limited footage I've seen of Draper he is giving me Dow vibes and I can't shake it. Dow with better hand passing. Just looks like he is quick but indeceive with ball in hand and a bit of a hack kick (better kicking than Dow though).

Out of the proposed top 4 I want Smith but I don't think we will be that lucky. He just screams next Richmond captain in about 4-5 years time unfortunately.
I’ve had the same thoughts about the comparison with Paddy Dow. However, Draper looks like his top speed is much better than Dow’s as well as having greater acceleration (not just quick over the first few steps). I also think he looks a lot tougher. He loves to tackle, looks far more desperate and has greater leadership qualities than Dow had. Furthermore he has proven form against men which Dow hadn’t when we drafted him. I reckon he’s a much less risky proposition than Dow was.

Draft Smith.

Aphrodite likes this

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back