Votes: 24 6.6%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 72 19.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

More likely it would be 3 & 38 from us and Richmond would then on-trade 38 for a F2.
That gets the premium for trading up into normal range.

If Richmond wanted to do it, it would be because they don't want 7 first round kids coming in at once and look to consolidate with say 4 or 5 at the top end.

That’s fair enough. My personal opinion is I hope we just keep 3 and select the best available to us. 10+ is a crap shoot in any draft. 6 is fine, 3 is much better. I am just so excited that we could potentially draft Smith, Lalor or Draper.

I think we should trade Pick 3 to WCE for 12 + Hawthorn F1.

Then trade Hawthorn F1 + 38 to Richmond for 14.

Then go to the draft with 12 and 14 again 😂
shoo-get-out.gif

I’m all aboard the Draper Train. But geez, watching the Jagga highlights. I’d be more than stoked with either. Not a big fan of FOS. Not sure why, but just doesn’t wow me.
I think we should plan for Jagga, but the narrative and leak something about Draper so Crows come knocking.

What could they offer to jump from 4 to 3?.:think:

This is my summation in a nutshell. Perfect scenario for mine (yes again Sheepy) - trade with RICH for then 7/13 and take Smillie then Trainor. Two needs, two point of difference, two exceptional talents. Trade 38 up with F2 or F3 (AFL permission) and take M. Whitlock or O’Farrell - two KPD/KPF/Ruck options and a point pick. Get Campo 1 (bid around 35-40) then Campo 2 late. That is a draft for the ages.

NB: We need to respect and select our F/S options if we want to keep faith with future F/S options.

Also, Charlie Clark got delisted. Liked him in his draft year. Small forward.
agree…we have enough midfielders and we just off loaded one….from where I sit we need key defenders…Trainor looks like the best defender in the draft and Smillie is a player that can play on ball or go back…similar to Cripps…Bo Allan has similar qualities too Smillie.

Last edited:
I’m all aboard the Draper Train. But geez, watching the Jagga highlights. I’d be more than stoked with either. Not a big fan of FOS. Not sure why, but just doesn’t wow me.
I think we should plan for Jagga, but the narrative and leak something about Draper so Crows come knocking.

What could they offer to jump from 4 to 3?.:think:

F1 or GTFO.

Still want Pick 3 though. Screw Adelaide, if Austin thinks Draper is the best player available (if he’s still there), then we should draft Draper.

Who you liking Lemming? You been all over it this year?
I like a heap of players.
Reid is my favourite, but I feel I'm on my own there.
The vision this year of FOS is not amazing, but all reports tell me otherwise.
Levi > Draper > Lombard > Lalor > Jagga > FOS
That might be my Carlton preference.

Late picks I like are Davis, Boxshall, Urquhart.. from a WA perspective. Hannaford if we somehow drifts to our second pick.

Why do I get the feeling u know who we’re targeting?

And that we didn’t move all the way up to 3 without a plan to take a certain kid (and get a pick in before certain other teams)?

I think we only traded for pick 3 specifically because West Coast were the only ones willing to entertain our trade. Would be surprised if they did it purely to jump Adelaide at pick 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we were willing to make that trade then the Crows would know we weren't going to take Draper anyway. Can't see it happening.
Yeah, if I'm them I call our bluff. We didn't trade 12+14 to get up to pick 3 only to pass on our man for a bonus F2. If we indicate to Adelaide, we're willing to do something like that it'll be pretty clear to them we don't plan on taking him.

Yeah, if I'm them I call our bluff. We didn't trade 12+14 to get up to pick 3 only to pass on our man for a bonus F2. If we indicate to Adelaide, we're willing to do something like that it'll be pretty clear to them we don't plan on taking him.
If cows think we're into Draper, they trade with Norf, not us.

If cows think we're into Draper, they trade with Norf, not us.

Feels like a North/Richmond trade would sit comfortably for both.
See Tigers taking Smith and Lalor.
Reckon we’ll have the choice of O’Sullivan or Draper.
If we genuinely can’t decide between the two, I’d be telling that to young Reid and saying, flip us something if you want Draper or we WILL take him …

How does Langford’s speed compare to Will Ashcroft, Lachie Neale, Zack Merrett, Bont? None of which I’d consider quick, rather their footy smarts are quick.
Are Lachie Neale, Zach Merrett or the Bont what we need in our midfield right now alongside Cripps, Cerra and Walsh?

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back