• Josh Smillie

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 72 19.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed but we are so slow already I see no way we draft another one
I look for balance, ability to read the play and skills to execute once you have the ball. Mind you it looks like he can take a decent grab as well. I think whoever picks him up will have a very good footballer.

Last edited:
That’s fair enough. My personal opinion is I hope we just keep 3 and select the best available to us. 10+ is a crap shoot in any draft. 6 is fine, 3 is much better. I am just so excited that we could potentially draft Smith, Lalor or Draper.

If our recruiters thought a Smillie or Trevaglia type was actually the best player in the draft trading down a bit would make sense knowing they'll still be there at 6.

I remember SOS happily trading down believing Kemp was the better player anyway (which turned out to be incorrect at this point in time).

I agree though the far more likely outcome is keeping 3.

I like a heap of players.
Reid is my favourite, but I feel I'm on my own there.
The vision this year of FOS is not amazing, but all reports tell me otherwise.
Levi > Draper > Lombard > Lalor > Jagga > FOS
That might be my Carlton preference.

Late picks I like are Davis, Boxshall, Urquhart.. from a WA perspective. Hannaford if we somehow drifts to our second pick.
I’m with you on Reid great kick vision decision making.I haven’t looked at his testing must be lacking somewhere else because his kicking seams to the best of the lot so composed

Any of Victorian midfielders O’Sullivan, Smith or LaLor in thar order would be a great addition to the team.
Ideally we’d need a KPD too , there’re a few in the twenties range, so let’s hope there’a slider in the late thirties.

I’m with you on Reid great kick vision decision making.I haven’t looked at his testing must be lacking somewhere else because his kicking seams to the best of the lot so composed
From what I've read, seems many (including recruiters) have question marks on his speed and size. Think how Zac Fisher would get rag dolled.

Doesn't have the speed like Jagga to make up for it maybe.

From what I've read, seems many (including recruiters) have question marks on his speed and size. Think how Zac Fisher would get rag dolled.

Doesn't have the speed like Jagga to make up for it maybe.

The skills of Rankine, but without the pace. Going to have good days and bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any of Victorian midfielders O’Sullivan, Smith or LaLor in thar order would be a great addition to the team.
Ideally we’d need a KPD too , there’re a few in the twenties range, so let’s hope there’a slider in the late thirties.
Our biggest weakness is midfield speed, the two players that are best suited are Smith & Draper.
Lalor looks more of a half forward with mid field time, not convinced O’Sullivan is the best fit for us.

So if you had the following 4 players against a wall and had to pick just ONE for our side considering who is already in our midfield who would you pick?

Butters
Petracca
Heeney
Warner

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Interesting question you pose - considering you categorically stated we wouldn’t take Smith. Why was that Benaly?? The maddening hoard would like to know. Is it because he won’t be there, he’s not a good option, or you know something?

Interesting question you pose - considering you categorically stated we wouldn’t take Smith. Why was that Benaly?? The maddening hoard would like to know. Is it because he won’t be there, he’s not a good option, or you know something?

Smith IMO not for us…..

Interesting tidbit I was fed recently - Carlton supporter who knows big Percy. Apparently we may be looking at either moving up or somehow acquiring an earlier pick to take Harry O’Farrell. Why, other than he’s a very solid KPD prospect, because of who his father is. Feel they owe him one. Wild but not wildly unrealistic in isolation I’d suggest.

So if you had the following 4 players against a wall and had to pick just ONE for our side considering who is already in our midfield who would you pick?

Butters
Petracca
Heeney
Warner

Any one of em would seriously add to our midfield but they are all seasoned AFL stars. These kids aren't. Yet.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back