Votes: 31 7.6%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 99 24.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

I know hannaford is old news now but considering how much interest many of us had in him l couldn’t help but post his combine results from a big footy draft thread.

Hannaford tested at the state combine

Height 180.1
Vertical jump 66
VJ Right 86
VJ Left 69
5mtr 1.077
10mtr 1.775
20mtr 2.954
Agility 7.922
2KM 7.26

Excellent speed and agility results but then there is that nasty last line. 7mins 26 seconds not great. I have noticed he has slipped in some rankings from possible first round pick to mid second. Poor endurance may be the reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

High half-forward would be a great starting point and a boon for our forward unit and midfield.

Because we need to be able to link in midfield and break from stoppage more easily

He doesn't help with that, much like his 2nd cousin given Walsh's preference to play more inside.

You can't just keep packing in too much of the same athletic profile, unless they're all elite speed/endurance mixes of various sizes

We've had too many grinders, and all FOS can do to separate clearly from that is leap at the ball from time to time. He's not as quick as Heeney.

And? We don't need that, and the situation will change over time too.

If you could, would you prefer Neale or McCluggage to add to our 2025 midfield?
Heeney at his combine ram a 2.95 for the 20m sprint

FOS ran a 2.98

Combine that with his top 10 finishes in the 2km, agility, and 2nd in the vertical jump and I think you can absolutely make the argument that he’s a superior athlete.

I think he’ll be gone by our pick, but if we take him one of the main reasons is his athleticism, it’s a big strength of his, he’s far from a “grinder”

I'd have a couple others ahead of him at that range but certainly looks a decent prospect
We certainly need to recruit a good KPD prospect at our 2nd pick, if all goes well provided we can keep the pick…
If Thomas Simms is somehow still on the board then I’d be extremely tempted to snap him right up, i think he’ll end up developing into one of the best KPP’s from the draft, a genuine KPF/RUCK who potentially has the ability to play across all three lines…

I was going to say the same thing as mentioned above - North could trade down to 6 but chances are Tauru goes at 5 to Dees anyway so they may not risk it. Would love to see Norf hold 2 and pick Tauru, then we snaffled Jagga. But gut feel is that the club likes FOS most given his balance, impact and ceiling. Hope there's no nepotism in the conversation or thinking in any way (given FOS and Walsh connection).

Would love to peek inside Austin's brain to see.

Not long now though, I suppose.
There’s no way nepotism would impact anything, not with pick 3. No way.

I don’t give a crap about who we pick at 3 anymore because it’s going to be class either way.

I’m more anxious about Old mate SOS bidding on Ben Camporeale out of spite at 32. We know that he has form in this area.

That will blow up our chances of getting a crack at another decent young KPD.

I don’t give a crap about who we pick at 3 anymore because it’s going to be class either way.

I’m more anxious about Old mate SOS bidding on Ben Camporeale out of spite at 32. We know that he has form in this area.

Wonder if we can do a pick swap with Essendon they have 28 and 31

Does Sid Draper remind anyone else of GWS Dylan Shiel?

I think he is more Prestia with a touch more speed

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping that there is some sort of gentleman’s agreement emanating from the four way trade which resulted in Macrae to Aints and Chugga to the kennel that precludes SOS from being a prick in that area.

He can go for it. Will just show everyone that he’s not a serious list manager.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back