Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

History suggests otherwise

I rewatched some of the 2016 finals games. I have my views on the granny, but the one thing that does stand out is how we got bullied by GWS in the qualifying final.

Nup don't agree. Most people I know that were neutral to that game agree we were ripped off.

Also that they shouldn't have been there in the first place, got an armchair ride against The Giants in the prelim.

Anyway they are doing everything right to this point , so let's see
The only thing still lacking is our physical size which we make up for with elite kicking and fitness.

Point is we are still on the short/small size. My concern is this could manifest itself in missed tackles and our backline could struggle against monster forwards.

That’s my only worry.

But I do think we will overcome this and I expect us to have a fast start and get into the game early. I also think the boys would back themselves to come back if the umps/ bounce of the ball has them behind.

The only thing still lacking is our physical size which we make up for with elite kicking and fitness.

Point is we are still on the short/small size. My concern is this could manifest itself in missed tackles and our backline could struggle against monster forwards.

That’s my only worry.

But I do think we will overcome this and I expect us to have a fast start and get into the game early. I also think the boys would back themselves to come back if the umps/ bounce of the ball has them behind.

My only worry is not turning up in the big game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm on board with you here mate as I thought and thousands of others that we were stitched and should of won even playing below our best. Having said that We as a supporter group need to stfu and stop crying about playing GF's at the MCG. Its where its played, its where will always be played. We like any other team need to make it and then turn the **** up on the day and go punch for punch with our opponent on the day and fight to the death as good teams do in any Championship game in any team sport around the World. Its a big round patch of green grass with 4 white posts at either end that's all. Its all above the shoulders IMO. There are inequities across the whole game we all accept that but only playing there 3 times a year as a Northern States team is not what produces the win / loss. Only thing I would happily accept is a best of 3 Decider. Final one still at the G. This is not because I am a Victorian or footy traditionalist either as I become a true anti Vic clubs supporter the minute South went to Sydney. I for one will walk into the MCG GF Day if we are fortunate enough to get there this year having faith that we have a team that will go out there with one thought process only. Win. Still water to go under the bridge but I can tell you one thing, we make it this year we are winning it regardless of meeting a Vic Club or not.

I'm on board with you here mate as I thought and thousands of others that we were stitched and should have won even playing below our best. Having said that We as a supporter group need to stfu and stop crying about playing GF's at the MCG. Its where its played, its where will always be played. We like any other team need to make it and then turn the **** up on the day and go punch for punch with our opponent on the day and fight to the death as good teams do in any Championship game in any team sport around the World. Its a big round patch of green grass with 4 white posts at either end that's all. Its all above the shoulders IMO. There are inequities across the whole game we all accept that but only playing there 3 times a year as a Northern States team is not what produces the win / loss. Only thing I would happily accept is a best of 3 Decider. Final one still at the G. This is not because I am a Victorian or footy traditionalist either as I become a true anti Vic clubs supporter the minute South went to Sydney. I for one will walk into the MCG GF Day if we are fortunate enough to get there this year having faith that we have a team that will go out there with one thought process only. Win. Still water to go under the bridge but I can tell you one thing, we make it this year we are winning it regardless of meeting a Vic Club or not.
Thats what I keep saying

Hawthorn are improving, but it is a whole different scenario having to go to Geelong.

What seems odd is how much of the crowd seems to be partisan to Hawthorn. I wonder if that was part of the deal to get them down there.
Yes usually no hope of evening numbers down there with what gets allocated to visitors. A huge part of Geelong's base are not only from Geelong and inner surrounding suburbs they have a huge base that come in from the Coast and and Western District. Maybe they have dropped off a bit since things have been a bit ordinary the last 6 weeks and Hawks have got down there on masse with the way they are going.

Yes usually no hope of evening numbers down there with what gets allocated to visitors. A huge part of Geelong's base are not only from Geelong and inner surrounding suburbs they have a huge base that come in from the Coast and and Western District. Maybe they have dropped off a bit since things have been a bit ordinary the last 6 weeks and Hawks have got down there on masse with the way they are going.

Yeah, except it is still unusual to see the stands emptying out when the Cats are thrashing someone. Even during the game it almost seemed a 50/50 crowd.

I guess my point is it seems like a deal must of been done to make a lot of the ground available to Hawthorn supporters. Something I doubt an interstate club would even be considered for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back