Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

As long as the “fairy puppies” BS doesn’t come into play again. And the Hawks getting stronger, I can’t stand Sam Mitchell, so don’t want them there either.

Not sure why we are worried about any opponent more than others, they should all try to avoid us

Imagine the ladder chaos if we win, alongside North and Melbourne today. Will have 5 teams on 44and 3 teams on 42. They will all be playing sudden death until the finals. Meanwhile, we run our own race….
(if the results in the post quoted above occurs)

A chance that a team could with a huge win and some luck jump from 11th to 2nd. That is crazy

that's such a ridiculously short-sighted remark ... like judging our season on the loss to richmond

Point is we have flogged them twice they are an average side. More worried about Carlton or Brisbane and comfortably too

I was looking at Essendon's team out of curiosity and far out it's just a shockingly mediocre list of names. I honestly think the top 10 Swans players are all better than every single name that appears here besides Merrett.

View attachment 2054291
I really rate Merrett, Caldwell, Langford and Martin out of that list but thats literately it. A lot of guys that have special moments but aren't consistent enough make up a large proportion of their 22

I really rate Merrett, Caldwell, Langford and Martin out of that list but thats literately it. A lot of guys that have special moments but aren't consistent enough make up a large proportion of their 22
It's not that they don't have talent, they just don't have enough.

Caldwell, Langford and Martin (as well as Ridley) are all good players IMO. But like I said, I think our top 9/10 players are better than all of them. Similarly I think Carlton or GWS' top 6/7 players are better than all of them.

That's how far off the caliber and depth of talent required to be a contender Essendon are, yet the media keep buying stocks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of high picks have not resulted in much.
They trade in lots that are average to good but using lots of picks. Stringer, Caldwell, the other guy from GWS.
They have had the same list manager overseeing 20 years of not much finals action.
I like it. May it continue.

Lots of high picks have not resulted in much.
They trade in lots that are average to good but using lots of picks. Stringer, Caldwell, the other guy from GWS.
They have had the same list manager overseeing 20 years of not much finals action.
I like it. May it continue.
Perkins already looks like a stinker of a pick, Tsatas hasn't kicked into gear yet, Hobbs looks like another fail.
If Essendon stopped drafting 2 key defenders each draft they might actually have a balanced good list.

The name 'Stevic' has been etched into my Amygdala since 2016.

It is a shame that it was never etched into my Frontal Lobe which handles Logic and Reasoning
To be fair, you are doing well if it was only 2016 that you caught Stevic-itis. He did his absolute best to **** us over in 2012 too - we were just good enough, and the other umps not compliant enough for it to work.

Last edited:
We can keep getting that lucky that the blues lose

But top 2 would be sealed arguably?

Need to just win 2 games
Maybe I was wrong in the match day thread when I said we haven't had an ounce of luck. Perhaps our luck comes in the form of the failure of other contenders. I can't imagine though if this game is close at the end, the earpiece won't be cracking in the umps ears telling them they can close the gap to top spot on the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back