Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Smart, all the assistant coaches pulling out of the WC job. Taking on these dumpster fire lists is generally a hiding to nothing. All your senior players start jumping ship and you spend 3 years playing the kids getting flogged week in week out, only to get sacked and set up the list for the next guy to reap the rewards. Unfortunately for Yze at Richmond, gut feel is he's in that position right now.

There's probably only 1 or 2 coaches that have survived that baptism of fire and have gone on to have good careers. Think the highly rated assistants are getting smarter and which jobs to go for, wait 3 years and the WC/Richmond jobs might be available again but the lists will be a lot better to work with.

Smart, all the assistant coaches pulling out of the WC job. Taking on these dumpster fire lists is generally a hiding to nothing. All your senior players start jumping ship and you spend 3 years playing the kids getting flogged week in week out, only to get sacked and set up the list for the next guy to reap the rewards. Unfortunately for Yze at Richmond, gut feel is he's in that position right now.

There's probably only 1 or 2 coaches that have survived that baptism of fire and have gone on to have good careers. Think the highly rated assistants are getting smarter and which jobs to go for, wait 3 years and the WC/Richmond jobs might be available again but the lists will be a lot better to work with.

Look at Yze very highly rated before he took the senior job will probably get sacked in 1-2 years and his career is done.

Taking on teams like Richmond/Eagles without a good resume and track record is just career suicide.

Hard to believe Jack Gunston's only kicked 479 goals in his career.

I say only like that's a pathetic amount lol.

He's just been such a good player for so long and feels like he's been really prolific for a long time, I'd have thought he'd be in that 600 goal range by now.

Although I suppose he has played as the second or third forward most of his career and been behind names like Franklin and Roughead for large parts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to believe Jack Gunston's only kicked 479 goals in his career.

I say only like that's a pathetic amount lol.

He's just been such a good player for so long and feels like he's been really prolific for a long time, I'd have thought he'd be in that 600 goal range by now.

Although I suppose he has played as the second or third forward most of his career and been behind names like Franklin and Roughead for large parts.
Glad it’s not 480, that poster in 2012 was critical.

Carlton also have to beat St Kilda, and I think that's the one that pulls the plan apart.
Seems unlikely unless Saints simply clock off a week early.

So many dangerous teams this year. No real standout, each team has gone through peaks and troughs, but just feels like there are a bunch of dangerous teams that can turn it on in any given match.

The race is wide open imo. I can't see Cats or Carlton winning. Hawks would be unlikely given teams generally need to play a final series or two before they win a GF, it wouldn't be a huge shock if they did win it.

But realistically, I'd say the winner will be either Swans, Giants, Dogs or Lions.

What margin do we have to lose to the Crows by and what margin does Port have to beat Freo by to jump us? I know it’s extremely unlikely but always good to be prepared for worst case scenario 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back