Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

I knew Hawks would be good this year but gee whiz it is ridiculous how impressive they've been.

If you think about how nearly every game for the past nearly 3 months straight has been must-win for them, they've really only had one bad game in that time - and that was to Geelong at the Cattery (no shame in that.)

If you take out their first month or so they've been as good as anyone.

Even today, must-win, everything to play for, could easily get sucked in to half-arsing given their opposition... and they've just turned up and started exactly how they needed to start to make things easier for themselves.

Yeah I'm surprised no one makes more of their start in terms of how comfortably they'll make Finals. Only us from our 0-6 start comes close. And we were a top team at the time with the 0-6 being an aberration.

I knew Hawks would be good this year but gee whiz it is ridiculous how impressive they've been.

If you think about how nearly every game for the past nearly 3 months straight has been must-win for them, they've really only had one bad game in that time - and that was to Geelong at the Cattery (no shame in that.)

If you take out their first month or so they've been as good as anyone.

Even today, must-win, everything to play for, could easily get sucked in to half-arsing given their opposition... and they've just turned up and started exactly how they needed to start to make things easier for themselves.

****en annoying isn't it

****en annoying isn't it
Yes and no

I've really liked what they've been doing the last few years, so it feels earned in a way. Makes it hard to resent their success.

But it's annoying that in a short span of a few months they have tapped into something that we as a team have really never had in the last decade, which is an ability to seize opportunities rather than shit the bed when presented with them.

Yes and no

I've really liked what they've been doing the last few years, so it feels earned in a way. Makes it hard to resent their success.

But it's annoying that in a short span of a few months they have tapped into something that we as a team have really never had in the last decade, which is an ability to seize opportunities rather than shit the bed when presented with them.

Some of what's gone on there has a stench to it

Carlton winning this ends Collingwood's season as the gap between them and Carlton on percentage would be roughly 25+ goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arghhh I knew it was only a matter of time before the Hawks would rise some day... but not this soon with this group of players. You see the talent and it doesnt scream star power, they are just playing greater than the sum of their parts. The same players Mitchell has developed the past few years.

Annoying, but gotta tip your cap to them.

Hawks / Dogs sudden death final would be good for us. Hard to tell just how good the Hawks are when they are playing Tigers but they look very well drilled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back