Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

I knew Hawks would be good this year but gee whiz it is ridiculous how impressive they've been.

If you think about how nearly every game for the past nearly 3 months straight has been must-win for them, they've really only had one bad game in that time - and that was to Geelong at the Cattery (no shame in that.)

If you take out their first month or so they've been as good as anyone.

Even today, must-win, everything to play for, could easily get sucked in to half-arsing given their opposition... and they've just turned up and started exactly how they needed to start to make things easier for themselves.
That's what has impressed me so much about this Hawks side. They come to play each and every game, and they have put teams to the sword multiple times this year which shows they're committed to the outcome.

I'm not a huge fan of Mitchell's, but he has them playing with the right mentality.

Lol at that last play from WC...if you can't kick on your right foot why call for it when you're running onto your right side.
AFL players that are incapable of using their non preferred at all are seriously not doing the 1% things required. You at least need to be able to use it well enough to kick it for 35m+ territory kicks when there's no other option, and sometimes being able to use it to just get the ball in the general area of a teammate might be enough to create something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back