Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty scrappy night of footy, alot of turnovers but the pies just look so ordinary against a strong team defence. Couldn't move it well at all late, think Murphy has been a massive loss for them too. Gelled so well with the likes of Quaynor and Moore.

Do they? I thought it was almost unheard of …. but could be wrong.

Just had a look, Wilkie played 100% TOG against us last week for instance, as did Langdon against WCE and Luke Ryan against Richmond.

Have said this a few times but I think Collingwood is in for a world of hurt in the next few years.

They still look their best when Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Crisp etc. are all up and about, but they're near the end (well, the first two are.) Tied into this, their lack of young midfielders is a massive worry. In, say, three years time, at centre bounces it's gonna be Nick Daicos and then who? Presumably this is why they went after Bailey Smith, Hugh McCluggage and one of our own, but doesn't seem clear that they're landing many of these midfield targets.

But maybe the best worst part is they are starting to lose their 'aura'. I think they were deserving premiers as the best team all last year, but as far as premiers go I think they were one of the weaker premiers in recent times. A lot of very average players buying in combined with their propensity for comeback victories and winning close games meant teams feared them. Now they are just the team that have bottled a handful of close games and that struggle to score enough to pull off comebacks regularly. Without that aura that got them to a preliminary final followed by a flag, what even are Craig McCrae's Collingwood? Just a bunch of average players, aging veterans and kids not showing a whole heap.

(OK fine, I'll be fair and balanced - they also have one freakish player in Daicos.)

Have said this a few times but I think Collingwood is in for a world of hurt in the next few years.

They still look their best when Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Crisp etc. are all up and about, but they're near the end (well, the first two are.) Tied into this, their lack of young midfielders is a massive worry. In, say, three years time, at centre bounces it's gonna be Nick Daicos and then who? Presumably this is why they went after Bailey Smith, Hugh McCluggage and one of our own, but doesn't seem clear that they're landing many of these midfield targets.

But maybe the best worst part is they are starting to lose their 'aura'. I think they were deserving premiers as the best team all last year, but as far as premiers go I think they were one of the weaker premiers in recent times. A lot of very average players buying in combined with their propensity for comeback victories and winning close games meant teams feared them. Now they are just the team that have bottled a handful of close games and that struggle to score enough to pull off comebacks regularly. Without that aura that got them to a preliminary final followed by a flag, what even are Craig McCrae's Collingwood? Just a bunch of average players, aging veterans and kids not showing a whole heap.

(OK fine, I'll be fair and balanced - they also have one freakish player in Daicos.)
Daicos carries them on his back. Unbelievable player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daicos and Harley Reid..........

430 for 5 am kick off I think.
Followed by Colombia V Argentina at 10 am in the Copa Americas fina..
Day off worthy.
If I have a bout of insomnia, will try and watch England lose. Thank you!

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back