Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Reid's nice comments are more indicative of a problem that they all like and believe in each other and think they are all a great special group, started to believe it from the top down and now have no idea wtf to do once the pressure starts, everyone looks to someone else to stand up and games are just gone.

People say Freo showed how to beat us, really Geelong did. Pressure and work as hard as possible , Geelong couldn't do it long enough, just bring it for a half and we snap.

now it's just get the first 2-3 goals and sydney are done mentally

Actually Richmond showed everyone how to beat us. It just took the rest of the comp a while to catch on. I guess everyone took Richmond as an aberration, but that was a huge warning sign in hindsight. You just don't lose to Richmond this year if you're a serious contender.

All this talk about poor C Warner being hard done by gives me a headache. He hadn’t done anything in two weeks before he was replaced. He had a decent game against Brisbane as a sub, but was completely overwhelmed against Bulldogs and last night. Of course you replace him. He’s a fringe player at best and was offering nothing last night.

It’s amazing that we judge players by how they get “stuck in” rather than their effectiveness or talent. That’s just loser talk. It’s like we’re North Melbourne or Richmond. A developing side where the only expectation is that you have a go.

And nearly everyone praises Roberts because he got a lot of possessions in the last two weeks, but what good are his possessions if he constantly butchers it? It’s getting to a point where I don’t want him near the ball because I know he’ll just turn it over. But it’s alright, at least he has a crack!
I’d agree if the team’s problem was ability.

It isn’t.

The problem is confidence and attitude.

And last night, Horse torpedoed the confidence of one player approaching it with a decent attitude.

I guess whichever side wins the flag has an embarrassing patch , Brisbane, Dogs, Maybe freo never got that bad. Gws Cats Blues Port
Hawks

Like the premiers going to be a team that looked complete shit at some stage .

So why not us ?

I mean I know why, but that's what the team need to think
Freo's probably the only one who hasn't had a genuinely awful patch and even they've had some really bad losses.

Everyone's been kind of shit this year and unless someone pulls a Melbourne 2021 in finals they'll likely be the worst Premier of the 21st Century.

That said, at least they are Premiers!

Bedders its over club should just release the 13-1 package and be done with 2024.
s-l600.jpg

NEVER INSULT ROB HALFORD WITH THAT NAME AGAIN!!!

That name is wiped from my memory

Rob Halford is a legend, Jordan Dawson is a w***er!
You don’t see Rob Halford leave Judas Priest to be with his mummy and daddy!

Like what I’ve seen of this Hanily.

Any news on Papley’s recovery ?
I don't see him or McInerney coming back before finals.

Which is a serious problem as they're the ones that can really give the side a bit of dash, bit of excitement.

I don't see him or McInerney coming back before finals.

Which is a serious problem as they're the ones that can really give the side a bit of dash, bit of excitement.
Thanks. Just hoping they are recovering well and on track to come back at all. Worried about Jmac, heard nothing about his recovery

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No team has been as bad as we were last night we were on par with the Eagles performance when we cracked 200
I actually think we were worse, especially when you consider the majority of the team was the same blokes who had us three games and massive percentage clear at the top a month ago.

I was prepared to give them a pass last week. Maybe they were exhausted after playing a man down in the heat against Brisbane. And we played pretty well against Brisbane, somewhat unlucky to lose.

But in two weeks they’ve totally lost the ability to run, to pick the ball up, to run, to tackle, to hand pass, to run, to aim a kick at a team mate, to run, to tackle, to run…

Unfathomable.

Last night was mental disintegration but I wonder what else is behind it. Have we used up our fitness tickets? Was the club so enamoured with the fruits of their strong pre-season that they’ve somehow failed to maintain fitness throughout the season? Heeney looks sore but how many of the rest are carrying something they can’t play with?

Obviously when the side is being totally uncompetitive at the beginning of games for months, the solution is to have your most competitive player sitting on the bench in a subs vest.

First time I have found myself really angry at the coach. What the **** is going on?!

71-0

Just let that sink in
Me as coach.

The boys all rock into the club Monday morning after grabbing a bite to eat & a latte together...

They're sent into a room with 2 large screens.

One simply has the following written on it:

71-0

The other has these games playing on repeat.

That is where they spend the whole Monday.

I don't say a word all day. Not one. No hellos. Nothing. Then at 5pm I shut it all down and say "see you at training early tomorrow".

Me as coach.

The boys all rock into the club Monday morning after grabbing a bite to eat & a latte together...

71-0

I don't say a word all day. Not one. No hellos. Nothing. Then at 5pm I shut it all down and say "see you at training early tomorrow".

Me as CEO today.

Horse do you want to quit or be sacked?

Ok im off now 😂

Me as coach.

71-0

The late Tommy Raudonikis would have his players slap each other in the face just before running out to hype them up.

Like the old school approach GTG.

I actually think we were worse, especially when you consider the majority of the team was the same blokes who had us three games and massive percentage clear at the top a month ago.

I was prepared to give them a pass last week. Maybe they were exhausted after playing a man down in the heat against Brisbane. And we played pretty well against Brisbane, somewhat unlucky to lose.

But in two weeks they’ve totally lost the ability to run, to pick the ball up, to run, to tackle, to hand pass, to run, to aim a kick at a team mate, to run, to tackle, to run…

Unfathomable.

Last night was mental disintegration but I wonder what else is behind it. Have we used up our fitness tickets? Was the club so enamoured with the fruits of their strong pre-season that they’ve somehow failed to maintain fitness throughout the season? Heeney looks sore but how many of the rest are carrying something they can’t play with?

Liz its probably a good thing RWO has been offline the past 2 weeks :moustache:

Last night was just a finals like disintegration but it happened in round 21.

2024 is a abnormally long season with 24 rounds so in that aspect we are right on track for typical week 1 finals performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back