Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

People sometimes dump on our leaders for not being there when the pressure goes up but my god, the media golden child Cripps absolutely went to water when the game was there to take. Seven minutes left and two points down and he has a run of possessions that goes:
1. Shorts a kick to a wide open player
2. In the follow up to help from his kick, gets the ball, gets tackled and passes it out to no one .
3. Next possession a few minutes later gets caught dead HTB.
4. Next possession kicks the ball directly to Aliir.

Not his fault that he gets pumped up by the media but sheesh, the narrative and reality can be a long way apart when talking about Victorian team stars.
Just want to quote myself here and link to the article where the number one thing that was learnt this week is how great Cripps is, after beating up on West Coast: https://www.afl.com.au/news/1195486...ck-cripps-has-the-broadest-shoulders-in-footy

Its wayyy more than that Port have to make up ~200 points its not gonna happen we would have to lose by 150+ to even factor in %

Swans
PF 2121
PA 1679
126.3%

Power
PF 1924
PA 1685
114.2%
Nah he is right in saying 90 each. If we loose by 90 and Port win by 90 then the percentages flip at somewhere around 119%

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 9.02.19 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 9.02.19 AM.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 9.02.27 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 9.02.27 AM.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever the maths, Port play Freo (in Perth) who are a decent defensive side and who will be desperate to do what they can to keep their season alive. They’ll be without one of their best half dozen players, in Houston.

We play at home against an Adelaide side who’ll be without Rankine and maybe Walker. If we lose by 90 points we deserve to relinquish not just top spot but our place in the finals. Unless we rest almost our entire AFL team and give debuts to Vickery, Green, Konstanty, Magor et al.

Why is it ridiculous? It's what the competition has chosen to use. Why would points differential be any less ridiculous?

Because points differential is a better reflection of the points scored vs points conceded? If your points diff is +120 and the other team’s is +115, it means yours is objectively better over the season. It means you’ve won by more and lost by less throughout the year, and the other team shouldn’t be finishing ahead of you on “percentage”. It’s why every single sport league I know of in the world uses differential as the tie breaker. Using percentages is less accurate and therefore quite dumb.

Last edited:
I think Travel advantage will be massive in this finals campaign the bye will probably effect Hawthorn momentum

Will Day being out will hurt them more- he was out the first 7 rounds this year they went 1-6 with the win being North!

I hope Carlton beat St Kilda on Sunday arvo.

The thought of 40-50k odd Freo fans packed into Optus Stadium only to check their AFL apps and find out their finals hopes are gone by bounce-down just makes me happy.
I hope the opposite. Freo were absolutely dudded in Adelaide. Their fans are good for banter. Why would you want one of the most advantaged teams in the comp. , complete with Victorian travel advantage to stay alive in the finals. Your Freo antipathy reaches irrational depths.

I hope the opposite. Freo were absolutely dudded in Adelaide. Their fans are good for banter. Why would you want one of the most advantaged teams in the comp. , complete with Victorian travel advantage to stay alive in the finals. Your Freo antipathy reaches irrational depths.
As far as I'm concerned any team outside of NSW & QLD is wildly advantaged in this competition. The WA and SA clubs aren't our allies whatsoever, so they're all in the same boat for me.

I hate Freo, have no respect for them as a club. Nothing irrational about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back