Autopsy 2024 Rd 10 Pack up the tents, we're going home. Swans smash Blues.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 10 vs the Swans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

10 rounds in and we are a fair way off being a top 4 team… The list and gameplay aren’t at that level..

We lose clearance and we’re done, our turnover game has gone out the window and we’ve never learned how to combine them…

Fantasia
Durdin
Carroll
O.Hollands
Assistants

Sydney are pretty clear the team to beat at this stage.

Injuries are a major factor, but lack of pace on the list is still an issue that when we are missing 2-3 players who generate run we are simply ****ed.

Also not convinced we have the best coaching group either.
The hawks were a genuinely slow ****ing team. Speed doesn't matter if you build your game plan, set ups and strength training around it. He was a sniper but I don't think I EVER saw Lewis or Hodge miss a tackle. We are slow AND weak AND set upike we play breakaway footy.... It's moronic

Had such high hopes for this year. The talent we have shouldn't be putting in these performances. We are too one paced, we seem to lose composure at an ounce of pressure and we don't seem to have any plan b.

We are a mile off premiership contention. Maybe this list is at best a lower half of the top 8.

And something is wrong with Curnow, he's not himself.

1. My concern has always been our players that aren’t in the best 25. We fall away badly in talent

2. All year our “effort” have been inconsistent at best. Tonight was our worst. That’s what got us to a prelim last year. Can’t win without it

3. The form of Charlie Hewett Hollands is a concern. Were a big part of last years run. Really struggling

4. Injuries. The amount we are having would hurt any side. Can’t win flags with large injury lists. Silvagni Docherty Saad Motlop Cerra Fogarty Martin would make a massive difference

The hawks were a genuinely slow ******* team. Speed doesn't matter if you build your game plan, set ups and strength training around it. He was a sniper but I don't think I EVER saw Lewis or Hodge miss a tackle. We are slow AND weak AND set upike we play breakaway footy.... It's moronic
Agree but how can we miss so many tackles - its like we have no strength

What do we do over preseason ? Its crazy

People laughed when I said Durds 2 year deal was surprising and that he should be closer to delisting then a 2 year deal. Looking pretty on point. He is terrible. Him and Fanta neck and neck competing for the afls worst small forward.

Would like to see E Hollands tried onball. Has no issues find it and his hands in tight are actually pretty ridiculous. Think he would offer something.

Marchbank was awful but not sure we are doing him any favours rushing him in every time he comes back from injury.

Weiters expression didn't look great but it was probably just because he was watching the same game as us. 🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can’t challenge anyone without pressure

The lack of pressure and confidence after the halfway mark of Q1 was alarming

They clamped down on Cripps and Walsh and ran the ball out of the middle

Cerra is a huge loss as is Cotts

Ollie Hollands, Durdin, Fantasia and Boyd were horrid tonight…..Marchy not up to it anymore

3 talls was never going to suit the MCG we are just too slow

Fog, Motlop, Saad, Cerra, Cotts, make us a 5 goal better team

I didn’t think we would win but I assumed we would it given then a decent game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No real winners across the ground.
Newman broke even. Acres okay

Tackle pressure horrific and so many broken

Injuries suck but i50s last 3 weeks
vs Coll: 38-64
vs Dees: 41-61
tonight: 49-60

Not going to be able to restrict good teams giving up 60 entries per week. Mids are regularly getting a bath

Window doesn’t last long.. we had 2 good season halves in 22 and 23.. but not much to hang our hats on.. just a prelim. This year is teetering on failure

Get fit on the home stretch, limp into the 8 & do what Footscray did in 2016.

But I would like to see us play a few weeks of consistent footy before I hold on to that dream.

10 rounds in and we are a fair way off being a top 4 team… The list and gameplay aren’t at that level..

We lose clearance and we’re done, our turnover game has gone out the window and we’ve never learned how to combine them…

Fantasia
Durdin
O.Hollands
Assistants
Outclassed, outgunned, outfinished tonight.

If we weren’t 4 goals up even worse.

Will be interesting to watch this test of mettle for our club.

A few back next week.

It’s never as bad ( or as good ) as what it seems at the time.

Newman, Acres, Cincotta with bits from Cripps, EH (does have some craft/skills) & Boyd.

Lil’ Durds, have been a fan but everything tonight was deplorable.

Hopefully Weiters pulls through, that’s 2 recent corkies isn’t it?

Back