Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayZac Williams
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshAdam Cerra
Interchange from:Alex CincottaOrazio FantasiaGeorge Hewett
Brodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

Three senior games ago Marchy was amongst our best in a prelim final with 20 touches and 8 marks playing at centre half back against Eric Hipwood.
One game is a small sample size Frizz. Looking over a greater number of games gives a different picture, and Kemp appears to have Marchbank covered in all areas.

Over their respective total career games, Kemp is ahead in average disposals, kicks, handballs and marks per game.

Looking at the last couple of years, Kemp has averaged 6.7 marks a game over past 29 games, while Marchbank has averaged 4.6 marks a game over the past 27 games.

View attachment 2033274
View attachment 2033275
View attachment 2033272

View attachment 2033273

Do go to games or just watch on TV? Much of his work would get missed on TV.

Smart player. runs to space, make defenders go with him. Quick hands, great kick inside 50. Puts on blocks and shepherds. You won't find these on a stat's sheet.

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Gets burnt a few times a game where he is on for a pass and shot at goal but doesnt get to him...but still celebrates the goal. Love that!

Three senior games ago Marchy was amongst our best in a prelim final with 20 touches and 8 marks playing at centre half back against Eric Hipwood.

Long time between drinks....appreciate your view but over the journey I think you'll find his best games have not been as a one on one defender.

One game is a small sample size Frizz. Looking over a greater number of games gives a different picture, and Kemp appears to have Marchbank covered in all areas.

Over their respective total career games, Kemp is ahead in average disposals, kicks, handballs and marks per game.

Looking at the last couple of years, Kemp has averaged 6.7 marks a game over past 29 games, while Marchbank has averaged 4.6 marks a game over the past 27 games.

View attachment 2033274
View attachment 2033275
View attachment 2033272

View attachment 2033273
My post was not a Kemp v Marchbank post. It was simply a response to a poster who stated that Marchbank is a terrible CHB and an interceptor only. I'm not advocating that Kemp be left out for Marchbank just stating that with continuity Marchbank can be a very good footballer more than capable of filling a role for us.

Long time between drinks....appreciate your view but over the journey I think you'll find his best games have not been as a one on one defender.
Three senior games ago isn't a long time between drinks. Footballers don't lose their ability due to injury (despite what many on here think). They just take longer , and need a more extended run, to get it back. Very much hoping that Marchy can get a good run of games to prove you wrong.

I get it. And overall I’m pro Marchbank, I think he’s a great player when fit. I know you’re not suggesting Kemp should be dropped, but for him to come in, the that’s the only choice, and there is no way we should be giving games to Marchbank while Brodie is playing well. Getting these games in before September is crucial for his development.

I get it. And overall I’m pro Marchbank, I think he’s a great player when fit. But the only choice right now would be between him and Kemp, and there is no way we should be giving games to Marchbank while Brodie is playing well. Getting these games in before September is crucial for his development.
Once again it's not a Kemp v Marchbank thing. Who knows what circumstances the season will throw up at us. It's important to have our senior players firing and as important to have our next layer down firing and ready to go should they be needed.

Three senior games ago isn't a long time between drinks. Footballers don't lose their ability due to injury (despite what many on here think). They just take longer , and need a more extended run, to get it back. Very much hoping that Marchy can get a good run of games to prove you wrong.

I've been waiting a long time for blokes like Marchy and cunners to prove me wrong. I've decided to focus on the future with guys like Kemp and Elijah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t let logic get in the way of a really good story BigFrizz36

Jokes aside, I get the love for Kemp but not at the expense of team balance, especially when the big boys come to play in September. He’s just too undersized for me and we need McG as our interceptor…

It's nice we are arguing over which good player is better.

Both Kemp and Marchbank are really good options.

Kemp is really fit and has had a run of games now to gain some pretty solid form. Really like the footy he has been playing.
Marchbank finished out the season last year playing CHB and was really good. He was pretty good in our finals series and really good against Brisbane. He's not at peak fitness, we all know this. He lost a lot of condition from the virus he had and getting injured by Boyd stuffed his season around. So it's fair to say that he is probably on standby.

Marchbank will get better and fitter as weeks go on. It's up for Kemp to hold his form. And Cowan as well for that matter. I would not rule out us picking Marchbank and playing Kemp in that smaller role that Cowan he been playing, although so far Cowan has been good.

We have strong competition for spots as it should be. I think we will see players out at some stage and Marchbank will get his opportunity. He's a very good player, so is Kemp, there are no wrong answers here.

We have been tested by sides who have a second big forward and we haven't been troubled by it, so the pressure to bring Marchbank back isn't that high.

As for Fantasia. He does the required running and he gets up the ground and sets up goals. His defensive work is good. He's a forward who can quickly get behind the ball on the defence. Fitness is the key here to getting a game in our forward line because our forwards must be able to do the defensive stuff. That means chasing opposition players at high intensity, getting to contests, being fit and fast enough to push back and get behind the ball.

This is why I can see Motlop not getting games this year. This is a part of the game he has struggled with. Endurance, repeat efforts and high energy pressure. His talent and offensive game is great but his defensive game and endurance levels are not. His long term injury really didn't help his cause.

Cottrell I can see coming in for Fantasia but it's close. He's going to need a bit of a run first I would think.

I think the current side we have now is about our strongest. I think only Jack Martin would make it better. But even he needs to come back fit. IMO we will be thinking Martin fits into this team as a sub.

End of the day there is time for Martin, Marchbank, Motlop and Cottrell to be fit and come back as options to play in this side before finals.

Not trying to argue with you, and certainly not saying Kemp should come out but weren’t Marchy and Pitto mentioned as the best 2 players last week ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep, probably they were. Did not get to see more than half that game. Maybe he asserted himself more in the two quarters I missed.

Would love to see him dominate tomorrow and for our VFL boy's to get the chocolates.

It's nice we are arguing over which good player is better.

Both Kemp and Marchbank are really good options.

Kemp is really fit and has had a run of games now to gain some pretty solid form. Really like the footy he has been playing.
Marchbank finished out the season last year playing CHB and was really good. He was pretty good in our finals series and really good against Brisbane. He's not at peak fitness, we all know this. He lost a lot of condition from the virus he had and getting injured by Boyd stuffed his season around. So it's fair to say that he is probably on standby.

Marchbank will get better and fitter as weeks go on. It's up for Kemp to hold his form. And Cowan as well for that matter. I would not rule out us picking Marchbank and playing Kemp in that smaller role that Cowan he been playing, although so far Cowan has been good.

We have strong competition for spots as it should be. I think we will see players out at some stage and Marchbank will get his opportunity. He's a very good player, so is Kemp, there are no wrong answers here.

We have been tested by sides who have a second big forward and we haven't been troubled by it, so the pressure to bring Marchbank back isn't that high.

As for Fantasia. He does the required running and he gets up the ground and sets up goals. His defensive work is good. He's a forward who can quickly get behind the ball on the defence. Fitness is the key here to getting a game in our forward line because our forwards must be able to do the defensive stuff. That means chasing opposition players at high intensity, getting to contests, being fit and fast enough to push back and get behind the ball.

This is why I can see Motlop not getting games this year. This is a part of the game he has struggled with. Endurance, repeat efforts and high energy pressure. His talent and offensive game is great but his defensive game and endurance levels are not. His long term injury really didn't help his cause.

Cottrell I can see coming in for Fantasia but it's close. He's going to need a bit of a run first I would think.

I think the current side we have now is about our strongest. I think only Jack Martin would make it better. But even he needs to come back fit. IMO we will be thinking Martin fits into this team as a sub.

End of the day there is time for Martin, Marchbank, Motlop and Cottrell to be fit and come back as options to play in this side before finals.
Nice post G man, however you left out Cuners in that last paragraph.

Imo he could easily be best on, in the magoos tomorrow. Then he could repeat the dose the following week.

Would imagine then that he would be very, very close to a promotion into our senior team.

Reckon he could Fantas role as well. You have to fit classy, inform, fit players into the team.

But then, this is not always an easy thing to do. Of course going forward player's will pick up niggles, this is unavoidable.

Not sure whether that is good or bad news. Is Matty Hill back yet?
No but Benny is
Benny Hill What GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back