Autopsy 2024 Rd 17 Blues take a giant step backwards

Who played well for the Blues in Round 17 vs the Giants?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpire had a clear look at it and didn’t even pay the free :rolleyes:
Umpire was standing there, watched Toby come running in and gut punch Kemp after he'd got rid of the ball... and did **** all. I reckon Toby isn't even going to get cited by Christian.

Charlie Curnow was a tough watch tonight.

I’m not sure you can be considered a “leader” and put in an effort like that.

Simply does not want to do the defensive work.

Voss should have sent him up the ground, or maybe back, in Q2/3 when we were getting flogged.

1995 flag year won 23 of 25, losses were to 2 bottom teams - ironically one was the Swans in Sydney by 12 goals!

It was their GF to hang in for the 8, they smelt complacency after 1/4 time, Weiters compromised, at home, the rest is history..

At least we battled it out, outside of Swans games all losses have been respectable.

Likely we don’t lose another game before finals.

Umpire was standing there, watched Toby come running in and gut punch Kemp after he'd got rid of the ball... and did **** all. I reckon Toby isn't even going to get cited by Christian.
The Club should complain about this if he isn't cited - BIG TIME

Think match committee gets a boot up the ass as hard as anybody. Leaving George on the sidelines with Cottrell and Cerra clearly underdone

Then Owies as sub? Why? It doesn't work

Briggs was a ruck that you play the Pittos+TDK combo against. Don't know why they didn't. Briggs needed to get bashed around a bit, instead we allowed him his best game of the year

Bit of a wake up call that we aren’t the Harlem globetrotters.

Nothing handed to you in this game, need to make a few tweaks going forward.

Few things:

- Cottrell not good enough to come straight into the AFL after an injury layoff.

- Motlop will come in for Fantasia. His 4 goals v Richmond looks like an aberration.

- I think when we play TDK we can afford to play Kennedy and Hewett. TDK is like an extra midfielder.

- A 2nd proper defender might be a missing piece. Maybe bite the bullet and see if Marchy can offer that instead of Kemp.

When Marchbank has played, he has looked lost year.

But ignoring that let's say he came back in and performed I would suggest no chance he would be fit for the remainder of the season and finals so would be pointless.

Going by not one Carlton player going after Greene, i wonder if it even happened. Couldn’t believe it.
the yreplayed it on broadcast and not ONE comment from commentarotators except that idjotwho said "why was play halted that is a tactic to slow things down - what a disgusting stoopid Burgoyne is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cowan Cincotta could be on their last legs. Cincotta couldn’t tag a cotton on shirt tonight. Whitfield dominated, Coniglio dominated even their taggers dominated. Tonight we were the hunted and it worked. Plenty for Voss and the MC to think about.
I agree with this observation on Cincotta... Normally looks fast, switched on, zippy around stoppages. Could barely move tonight. Either tired or injured.

Charlie Curnow was a tough watch tonight.

I’m not sure you can be considered a “leader” and put in an effort like that.

Simply does not want to do the defensive work.

Voss should have sent him up the ground, or maybe back, in Q2/3 when we were getting flogged.
Charlie rolled an ankle during the warm up.

This was why he wasn't as mobile as he usually is.

Last quarter effort papers over some big cracks:

• Stuffing around at the selection table. We got mauled in the middle with no Hewitt.....Owies as sub is a brainfart and Cottrell coming in without a run in the 2s disrespects the rest of the team given how well they are going.
  • Hogan taking pack marks again and again yet Weiters didn't stand him all night. Kemp is not big enough to play on the main forward and lacks the craft to do so. Hardly put body on Hogan all night.
  • Voss didn't move Charlie up the ground despite Buckley killing him on 2 v 1s
  • TDK got monstered. Showed little physical aggression.

Not the end of the world

Giants season on the line - had to win are a good side.

Blues off and probably drinking their own bath water after the first quarter but did a loss.

Showed we can score quickly against the best sides which is a good sign.

Do we think we could beat GWS in a final - YES !

Preserved our percentage on a bad night eg Dons lost to Cats by 45.

You don’t lose - you learn.

Just come out and massacre the Bulldogs next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for me it was Harry Mckay, Cripps and then daylight.

Autopsy 2024 Rd 17 Blues take a giant step backwards

Back