Preview 2024 Rd 17 Carlton vs GWS Saturday 6th July 7:30PM @ Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Be Quiet Margot Robbie GIF by Saturday Night Live
I said to a mate of mine last week that we could win the flag (he’s a Lions supporter). As soon as I said it, I looked above to check for storm clouds and to duck any incoming lightning. I felt like I was talking dirty…

He’s the love child of Andy McKay and Justin Murphy;

You can bank on him getting his job done down back.

Beautiful by foot inside 50.

He’s a god -
Love him in our team.
I hope not. Don't want him stalking or threatening violence against his ex.

Who does Cincotta take this week? Does it depend on whether Boyd plays or not? Cripps on Green you’d assume would be the matchup in the middle, Whitfield has been nothing but an accumulator the last month, and Newman always plays well on Toby Greene. Interesting discussion to have

Who does Cincotta take this week? Does it depend on whether Boyd plays or not? Cripps on Green you’d assume would be the matchup in the middle, Whitfield has been nothing but an accumulator the last month, and Newman always plays well on Toby Greene. Interesting discussion to have
Josh Kelly. Does a lot for them.

Could argue Whitfield though he's more a winger/back flanker I think we could back Acres/Fantasia to just match up on him - not tag per se just a matchup.

Not sure what's up with the Giants. On paper they have an amazing list, just feels like some of their superstars aren't fully 'on' at the moment. Not a fan that all the media attention seems to have turned on them and Kingsley...no surer way to fire up a wounded animal backed into a corner.

We'll probably face a fierce Giants outfit this weekend. We'll need to be at our best to win it. Don't expect them to just roll over when they've been raked over the coals all week.

Cripps is in ridiculous form at the moment though.

Whitfield

If Boyd is suspended, plays as a backman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lot of variables this week.

Kennedy is probably out, Boyd maybe out.

De Koning back?

Lot of players got knocks against the Tigers so there may be a late out or two.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cottrell in for Fantasia I reckon. Fantasia's form has been building though so I'm not sure if he'll come straight in. I do believe Cottrell is better overall though. Fanta is still poor 1-on-1 whereas Cottrell often wins those 50/50s.
Fanta has better touch and nouse. Cotts better tank, better contested game, and probably a better mark.

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The likely:
Pitto (omit) -> TDK
Kennedy (inj) -> Hewett (from sub), Motlop (sub)

The possible:
Saad (ankle) and/or Boyd (susp) -> Marchbank, Wilson (if fit) or Cinc plays back
(can play an extra tall v GWS)
Williams (ankle) and/or Owies (ankle) -> Motlop (Carroll sub). If both, maybe keep Pitto and play 2 rucks.

Not taking any of our remaining games for granted but i see no reason why we cant win all of them.

We are playing damn good footy and we've shown we've got the extra gears when needed.

Improving our turnover game has made us substantially better.

Us and swannies are clearly the two top teams with a bit of gap to the next team.
I agree. Other side should be quietly pencilling in a loss when they play us.

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back