Preview 2024 Rd 17 Carlton vs GWS Saturday 6th July 7:30PM @ Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People still finding it hard to acknowledge how good we are and to allow themselves to enjoy the ride.
It's called 20+ years of trust abuse. The minute in the past we've began to trust, we've been hurt. Even 22 missing finals in the last minute, 23 post round 4 till we hit our stride, this year we've lost to Adelaide, Collingwood whilst having the lead with a couple minutes to go. Last 2 seasons a lot of our wins have been in single digits.

Sorry for blaming a few of us for just being cautious and not diving in head first. Been there, done that, so I'm happy to enjoy the wins atm and how the team is going and my optimism is increasing at a reasonable rate but it'll take more than the last 25-26 games output as a sample size (which still contained a few backward steps) for me to fully feel at ease before or during a game.

I'm pretty sure the 2 rucks is dead. Pitto only plays when we rest TDK.
I guess that's a wait and see thing especially with finals approaching. What we can say is that we are very fortunate to have two very good rucks who are capable of carrying that role out. One playing over the other makes no difference to us winning or not, it's when nether is available that we would be in trouble.

It's called 20+ years of trust abuse. The minute in the past we've began to trust, we've been hurt. Even 22 missing finals in the last minute, 23 post round 4 till we hit our stride, this year we've lost to Adelaide, Collingwood whilst having the lead with a couple minutes to go. Last 2 seasons a lot of our wins have been in single digits.

Sorry for blaming a few of us for just being cautious and not diving in head first. Been there, done that, so I'm happy to enjoy the wins atm and how the team is going and my optimism is increasing at a reasonable rate but it'll take more than the last 25-26 games output as a sample size (which still contained a few backward steps) for me to fully feel at ease before or during a game.
22 was the first step towards where we are now, we lost to Adelaide this year? So what? You know this happens to the best teams every year , they lose games along the way and often to teams you'd think they wouldn't lose to. Single digits, ten goals, it doesn't matter, a win is a win, In fact id say a single digit win against a good opposition means more than a big win against a weak one.

If you are looking for perfection before allowing yourself to enjoy what we are doing then I don't know what to say. Enjoy what we are doing right now, we'll see where it leads.

We are all different, maybe you'll never feel at ease but I'm totally there at the moment and enjoying that feeling.

I guess that's a wait and see thing especially with finals approaching. What we can say is that we are very fortunate to have two very good rucks who are capable of carrying that role out. One playing over the other makes no difference to us winning or not, it's when nether is available that we would be in trouble.
I'm pretty sure it's not wait and see been told this is the case.

Could change but unlikely

More than happy to have a side wager. I think before the end of the season both play and finals for both still on the cards

This week TDK comes in Pitto
My take would be it only happens if we get an injury to Chuck or Harry and TDK's role up front becomes clearer. I jsut can't see them wanting to mess with TDK's momentum and progress.

That said, I can see them trialling a few things in run in if second place is secure.

Haha I'm game.

Whilst I can see them trialing it against West coast for pure analytics still happy with the statement the experiment is done.

You know I rate your info mate, but here is the wager

If Pitto and TDK don't play in the same team for the rest of the year, I'll shout you dinner/drinks $300 cap

If they do, you return the favour

My take would be it only happens if we get an injury to Chuck or Harry and TDK's role up front becomes clearer. I jsut can't see them wanting to mess with TDK's momentum and progress.

That said, I can see them trialling a few things in run in if second place is secure.

I think it happens even if Charlie and Harry play

You know I rate your info mate, but here is the wager

If Pitto and TDK don't play in the same team for the rest of the year, I'll shout you dinner/drinks $300 cap

If they do, you return the favour
Ok

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like a more appropriate wager is betting on whether they are picked together in a game that matters.
I reckon that they will play together at least once in the finals, still wouldn't bet on it though, footy and betting don't go together for me. ;)

I really really hope we never see two rucks in the same team again.

1. Melbourne had the number 1 and number 2 rucks on their list last season and proved it didn't work.

3. We were poor when we played 2 rucks and great when we haven't. We have proven it does not work for us either.

2. It goes against the very fundamentals of our team that have made us better. Improving our run which has improved our defending and pressure which are the backbone of our success. Picking two rucks goes against these things.

a) More run. In terms of closing speed pressure and two way run.
b) Forward line pressure is much much better without three talls and it's kicking more goals.
c) Team defence is much better as we are able to play that extra small forward and they are able to rotate and get up the ground and help out the defence.
d) Forward line connects much better because forwards are running harder and covering more ground
e) Midfield is much stronger as we can play an extra follower, means more rotations, means we run out games better.

3. Harry McKay plays a lot better when he rucks. Not only does he have a massive impact when he goes on the ball but it gets him into the game as a forward.

Results speak for themselves. Two rucks is dead and buried in the modern game. The hit it takes to your run. The defensive side of the game, rotations forward and mid and the way the forwards are able to do more running and connect with the defence when there's more run from them. It makes no sense to play 2 rucks. Game has changed since the ant-congestion rules.

Only reason we may see it is through player's missing. If we lose a tall forward and DeKoning may step into that role or if we need to rest players and we are short on forwards and the opposition is weak.

I think structurally we have absolutely nailed it at the moment.

I'll shout you dinner/drinks $300 cap
Mate I spend that on JustaBattler alone, forget about Osc1 .

Hungry Food GIF

It seems like we are destined to lose. Just watched head over heart (not sure why) and Daisy is taking a multi with the Giants to win and Josh Kelly to get 25+ disposals. Oh well, hard to argue with such a well researched show.

I know it's probably pre-recorded but Kelly has been out since Monday. If you are going to have a stupid gambling show and probably needs some sort if recency about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back