Preview 2024 Rd 17 Carlton vs GWS Saturday 6th July 7:30PM @ Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he has actually been great over the past month or so.
Really stiff, thought kennedy would be rested for sure (who knows still could be?)
I'm with you Sam. Shocked at the dropping. Just made so much sense to rest MK as I thought it's his turn and put the sore knee up. So unless we start getting more injuries, selection is going to get harder and harder. People will get left out that deserve a spot. But it's a good problem I suppose

Welcome back Cotts
Welcome back Cotter

Are we at the point the MC is already looking at changing it up with best 25-26 players getting a look in to see how the system works ? By that I mean we have faith that we should win regardless of who in that top group plays?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Credit to Cotts and fitness staff. George unlucky. Looks like trying to see how this side will go as a 'quick play' team.

Yeah only reason I can think of since Hewett's actually been in good form.

We have clearly evolved to a strong transition, hard running team and the coaches are picking players to fit the system, not just picking the top 23 players on paper.

Prob our best chance of beating Sydney and Collingwood in a Grand Final.

Other reason i think Hewett loses his spot is he's the least versatile - basically a mid only. Hes even lost his defensive mod/tagger role to Cincotta.

Kennedy can play forward. E Hollands and Fog can play forward/mid. Cottrell and Fantasia can play small forward or high half forward. Cottrell could even rotate wing.

Are we at the point the MC is already looking at changing it up with best 25-26 players getting a look in to see how the system works ? By that I mean we have faith that we should win regardless of who in that top group plays?
I have no idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing a rotation of players from now....

Cotts or cinc are going to full time that third forward thing Kennedy has admirably attempted for large chunks. So it makes sense Kennedy goes full time into the midfield and cerra is back. Hewett isn't better than either of them.

Voss knows exactly the structure he wants. This just leans more into it.

Like a few others, I'm surprised to see Hewett out.
It was interesting reading the thoughts of a few on here yesterday re: Hewett Vs Kennedy.
I've personally had Kennedy out before George, but Kennedy has been very god
I think Hewett a little unlucky to be left out. With Cotters coming back in I would have thought it would be O.Hollands making way rather than George. Anyway, a pretty good lineup and i think we will take the four points on Saturday .

George is desperately unlucky, but Cripps and Walsh are going to attend most centre bounces. Kennedy, Elijah and Fog can attend the rest. Kennedy does a reasonable job defensively when up forward and he is the like for like.

We have elite runners in Ollie, Cotters, Walsh, Elijah, Curnow and I'll add in Acres based on what I can see. It's clear this sort of gut running through to full time is something our game plan requires.

Then we have elite field kicking with Newman, Saad, McGovern, Curnow, Cowan, Cerra, Weitering, Boyd, and generally Kennedy.

This is the crux of the game plan, run ... pressure ... turnover ... get the ball into the hands of an elite user and bang.

Yeah seems to me we are now a system based team and I love it. We know how we want to play and will pick players accordingly to play a role.

Putting our players in a line, I'd have Pitto and Hewett in our best 23 players this year. But having them in would make us too slow and impact our transition game so they miss out.

They are also not versatile. Pitto is only a ruck and Hewett only a mid. That hurts their case even more compared to TDK (can ruck and play forward decently), with guys like Kennedy, Fog and Hollands all able to play forward and mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back