Preview 2024 Rd 18 Carlton vs Bevo's Bullies Saturday 13th July 4:35PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium - #CRIPPS200

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is bizarre though how often one guy cops a cork.

Just spitballing, off the top of my head I don't think he often jumps into contests knee up, perhaps always jumping legs down means there's more target to cop one? Not sure if that's complete bollocks or not but there's got to be a reason why it happens.
Haven’t done the research to know which legs he’s copped them in, but I had a few bad ones and it’s possible that it’s more of a re-cork (i.e., he feels 100% but if it gets hit again it feels like he’s been shot).

we've a bottom 6 defense. The only time we seem to 'prevent opposition scores' is when weitering is fully fit. Don't think Ollie's providing much of anything that can't be improved defensively.
Disagree on our defence - it has often held up well despite us being spanked further up the field, including -20 inside 50’s.

The disappointing thing about the GWS game was we dialed up the effort & pressure in the 4th and kicked 5 goals to one.

We took our foot off the pressure peddle & it cost us the game.

That’s all they need to bring consistently.

Agree on Ollie - he’s a good kid with a big future - but he’s our weakest contested link.

Am I the only one who thought Ollie Hollands actually had a decent game against the Giants?

Sure he turned the ball over a bit, but some of our better players did it worse than him. He was also incredibly stiff on that high tackle call.

Would not be dropping him for this game. No clear alternatives that can replace his work rate and defensive smarts.
I reckon he works his arse off especially in the 3rd what I noticed

I thought that last week.

They need to bring it!

After a 5 week run we just got a little ahead of ourselves so it was a risk. It was bound to happen like it has to Sydney.

We can still trust them.

This week with that loss Carlton will bring the right amount of pressure. In these situations, it doesnt matter what the opposition brings...well, not the Doggies anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After a 5 week run we just got a little ahead of ourselves so it was a risk. It was bound to happen like it has to Sydney.

We can still trust them.

This week with that loss Carlton will bring the right amount of pressure. In these situations, it doesnt matter what the opposition brings...well, not the Doggies anyway.
This week they will win if they bring 4 qtrs of trademark pressure.

Attitude cost us the GWS game.

I hope that has been discussed at length in a closed room, out of which comes an absolute resolve amongst the group never to serve that crap up again.

If TDK lets himself get rag dolled at stoppage and unable to recover for the follow up of ground ball he is a liability .. even in his hot streak the opposition ruck statistically wasn't to bad.. even his brother for his first game in the ruck ( got coaches votes this week)

Jones, Naughtiness and O'Donnell confirmed outs for this week.

Weightman a chance if he can confirm his fitness this week.
Keith and Gardener are also already out too.

They are literally missing their 4 first choice key defenders. Plus Naughton, Smith, JJ and Harmes. Maybe Weightman.

We'd be all at sea in defence with that many KPDs out.

Add home crowd and Cripps' 200th, there's just no excuse to lose.

Last edited:
English is not a Briggs, TDK doesn't need help from Pitto
Ollie whilst he gives his all, is too easily tossed aside; Lord or George get the gig
Kemp is not the KPD to take the heat off Weiters, that's big Durds, with Kemp moving more midfield/wing
Do you dare tag Bont with Cinc?? Would Kemp be a better option?

Therefore:
Out - Fantasia, Ollie
In - Owies (starting), Lord (sub), Big Durds or Marchie

Something like...

Def: Weiters, B Durd/Marchie, McLovin, Saad, Newie, Boyd, Cowan

Mids: TDK, Crippa, Walsh, Cera, E Hollands, Blacres, Cotters, Kemp

Fwd: H, Charles, Owies, Fog, Bam Bam, Cinc, Williams

Sub: Lord

Last edited:
Weiters should ask Michael reeves of fitzroy for some advice. Long padded shorts could become the in thing

View attachment 2042896

Michael Reeves put up one of the gutsiest displays of ruck work in the 1986 Elimination Final at 189cm he went up against Simon Madden, Roger Merrett and Paul Salmon giving away height and weight and contributed greatly to Fitzroy’s one point win over the Scum.

One of the best non Carlton games I e ever had the privilege to watch.

Last edited:
Michael Reeves put up one of the gutsiest displays of ruck work in the 1986 Elimination Final at 189cm he went up against Simon Madden, Roger Merrett and Paul Salmon giving away height and weight and contributed greatly to Fitzroy’s one point win over the Scum.

One of the best non Carlton games I e ever had the privilege to watch.

I stand corrected he was actually 187cm :oops:

Out: Ollie
In: Hewett

Like Ollie but prefer a stronger body to fill his spot for now.

Know many have written him off but wonder if MC will give any thoughts to Lewis Young (or even Durdin) as an In for this game? The extra height might be required against Darcy and Lobb.

Motlop might be due for a run in the firsts too - if so, Fanta out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back