Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IMG_8144.jpeg

MILESTONE: Jack Martin 150 AFL Games

IMG_8145.jpeg

Collingwood will get up for pendles 400th Plus season on the line
Hawks have lost once in the last two months.
West coast surely we can’t lose this.
Saints are 5-3 since the bye. Much better form line than us.

2022 season repeating on us it seems.

Good that you have added context, but the season isn't over even if we only win 2 of the last 4

Good that you have added context, but the season isn't over even if we only win 2 of the last 4
I think that we will win at least 2 and probably 3 of them

Given our current form and the reliance on Pitto for the last four rounds and a few non contributors running around I reckon that’s probably the best case scenario ….
Pitto had a stinker last game but has been fine before that, we'll be okay

Can somebody explain to me why Pittonet cant or isn’t ever there to mark a football?

He is 202cm and averages 1.4 marks a game (usually uncontested)… either his positioning is terrible due to bad coaching or he just doesn’t know how to go for a grab , and this is a massive hole in our game with TDK out.

Most teams rely on their ruck (eg Cameron Gawn Grundy list goes on) to take a link up mark on the wing . We really felt that missing with McKay out this week and Curnow having to go and take them (with no one to then kick it to in our forward 50)

Why is pitto not that guy? I don’t understand … he would be a pretty ok ruck if he could be this guy

Collingwood will get up for pendles 400th Plus season on the line.
Actually our form line is better than Collingwood's if you look back over the past 5 weeks.

Our 3 losses have been less than 14 points and against some decent sides, and well documented key injuries.

Not sure about the theory of getting up for milestone games. Ferris or Old Dark Navy Blues bring me some data …..fact or myth?

IMG_2398.jpeg

Facts? More like opinion:

Port weren't at full strength...

Jones was decent enough despite his brain fades, 1v1 he was a tough matchup...

McKay, Acres and TDK all played v Giants, Dogs and North and we were still pretty woeful aside from about 1.5 quarters in each of those games...
TDK/McKay and Acres did not play against Port - this is a fact not an opinion.

My original post referenced the same point you made above in response it helps if people actually read what is posted.

Compared to Carlton's outs - Port were at full strength - which great player was not in their side?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To those people saying we won’t win because it’s Pendles 400 ……..please

I think Carlton have enough to play for as retaining a top 4 spot and knocking the pies out of the finals race is a big motivation.

Let’s see what they are made of, line in the sand game for Carlton. If this doesn’t motivate the players then make the tough calls at seasons end.

None of this players are sore crap….all players from all clubs are sore this time of year.

If a player is legitimately injured don’t play them, it’s hurt us the last few weeks. Players are playing for careers and to be part of finals campaign. That’s gotta motivate them and if it doesn’t get rid of them.

We have the talent, let’s turn this around and beat Collingwood

Last edited:
To those people saying we won’t win because it’s Pendles 400 ……..please

I think Carlton have enough to play for as retaining a top 4 spot and knocking the pies out of the finals race is a big motivation.

Let’s see what they are made of, line in the sand game for Carlton. If this doesn’t motivate the players then make the tough calls at seasons end.

None of this players are sore crap….all players from all clubs are sore this time of year.
I am not sure milestone games are any motivator for players. Cant recall the last time i thought players had played out of their skins because it was a milestone game, just a media /marketing thing. Absolutely zero impact on players imo.

TDK/McKay and Acres did not play against Port - this is a fact not an opinion.

Obviously... but they were there in the other three games we were poor, let's not pretend that them missing was the real problem... because clearly it's deeper than that...

My original post referenced the same point you made above in response it helps if people actually read what is posted.

Compared to Carlton's outs - Port were at full strength - which great player was not in their side?

Since when is a full strength side made up entirely of great players? Name any team that have 23 great players... you won't be able to.

Port were missing SPP, Finlayson, Marshall and Soldo... all best 22 players for them and them being missing means they were not at full strength. If your point was that they were better off than us on the injury front, sure can't argue that, but it certainly wasn't articulated very well on your behalf...

Jones was a proper tall defender who played alongside Weitering. The fact we haven't addressed this when we lost him is a glaring issue.

Obviously... but they were there in the other three games we were poor, let's not pretend that them missing was the real problem... because clearly it's deeper than that...

Since when is a full strength side made up entirely of great players? Name any team that have 23 great players... you won't be able to.

Port were missing SPP, Finlayson, Marshall and Soldo... all best 22 players for them and them being missing means they were not at full strength. If your point was that they were better off than us on the injury front, sure can't argue that, but it certainly wasn't articulated very well on your behalf...

Jones was a proper tall defender who played alongside Weitering. The fact we haven't addressed this when we lost him is a glaring issue.
Yes my mistake I meant since Jones left - cant play against there talls with only one- and it has cost games this year and continues to be exploited by the opposition. I hav. been on about that for two years now - Young/DurdinMcDonald all flops - and we didn't even look at Collins who would have cost peanuts or nothong- the bloke who played next to Weitering all through TAC.

Yes my mistake I meant since Jones left - cant play against there talls with only one- and it has cost games this year and continues to be exploited by the opposition. I hav. been on about that for two years now - Young/DurdinMcDonald all flops - and we didn't even look at Collins who would have cost peanuts or nothong- the bloke who played next to Weitering all through TAC.
You do know that the Collins that plays for the Gold Coast is 30 years old and not the bloke that Weitering played with?

The bloke he played with was drafted by the Dogs, was very very slow and only played one game before being delisted.

You do know that the Collins that plays for the Gold Coast is 30 years old and not the bloke that Weitering played with?

The bloke he played with was drafted by the Dogs, was very very slow and only played one game before being delisted.
Oh well - I thought it was the same bloke- still a 30 yr old Collins would be handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back