Preview 2024 Rd 23 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday 18th August 4.40PM AEST (2:40PM AWST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

maybe as a loose man running off hb…he’s a lightweight….disposal by foot isn’t long or penetrating…doesn’t have electrifying pace so he’ll need to run and carry the ball…think cinotta is better suited !
That’s exactly it, I reckon. The run and carry transition from HB, along with his effort, gut running and pressure acts.

I wouldn't be surprised if Young is a late out and replaced by Wilson.
It's absolutely pissin down atm.
Getting the ball forward at every contest is going to be more crucial than big man presence.

I say bring on the rain
Switch Young for Wilson (go for grit)
And play Cripps as 2nd ruck
Turn it into a slog

If it keeps raining like it is and the coaches think this is an option then instead of turfing Young why not flick Pittonet to play the extra small? At least Young could play forward or back as opposed to Pittonet who can only play ruck.

If both end up playing then there’s always the option that they sub one of them out to go small, but alas, no doubt one of CDurdin, Williams, Gov or Motlop will get injured and we won’t have the luxury of using the sub for tactical purposes.

IMO tomorrow is all about our small forwards and what they are worth.
I’m looking at Owies, Motlop, Durdin in particular, as it’s their time. Can they stand up and deliver?

Personally I think it’s the mids who have to step up and maintain possession as much as they can and then kick half the goals too - no reason why the mids can’t kick 5+ goals between them while also winning clearances and not conceding off stoppages

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And there you have it, Freo have opened the door for us, Doggies likely to do the same next week.

Still possible for us to finish as high as 5th, but would rely on Brisbane have an absolute nightmare final two games. Home final within our reach.
Has O Hollands won a 1 on 1 contest his year?
Hasn't been registered as having one, at least in terms of an aerial contest. Doing ok for ground ball gets, which are a form of contest.

He already does a lot of emergency defending and regularly comes back to sweep and provide an option. HB is a decent place for him to rest a bit honestly. I'd much prefer Wilson though, and I think there's every chance if we've take two emergencies that we might even use them.

Rainfall prediction for tomorrow reads like it'll be dry for the game, so I'm expecting at least Lemmey to get a chance.

Personally I think it’s the mids who have to step up and maintain possession as much as they can and then kick half the goals too - no reason why the mids can’t kick 5+ goals between them while also winning clearances and not conceding off stoppages

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No doubt what’s so ever but the small forwards are crucial, however our midfield has been terrible, so it’s time.
Let’s see if they have any heart and soul.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm expecting at least Lemmey to get a chance.
Late change?
I'm doubtful and double doubtful he'd replace any of the boys already named as debut.
Also doubtful this would be a tactical move because the forecast hasn't changed since before the team was named.
Obviously there could be a late out if someone sore just doesn't come up as expected.

Late change?
I'm doubtful and double doubtful he'd replace any of the boys already named as debut.
Also doubtful this would be a tactical move because the forecast hasn't changed since before the team was named.
Obviously there could be a late out if someone sore just doesn't come up as expected.

There is only one reason Moir is playing in front of Lemmey tomorrow.
The weather…….else…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back