Autopsy 2024 Rd 24 Heartbreaker. Happy happy joy joy. Nothing to see here.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 24 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Players like Higgins lead better than Charlie and Harry on their best day. We are way too reactive and ball movement inside 50 is ****ing slow. Slow and methodical is not us.

I found today it wasn’t so much the ball movement, it was that the forwards dont move, they dont seperate, there’s no dinky kicks in to space.

It happened a few times, but so many times just entries to nothing.

What did he say?

5bbcd7966a1324c6681c4738cb19f5dd.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on. They should have been given a couple of blocks of 3 games across the season. Lemmey and Akeui as well. Hopefully next year, we are going to see a lot more rotation of the second tier players during the year.

Yep, reward good form in the magoos. Binns should have been in well before he was, that’s just one example

Play out of form and returning injured in the magoos, then we become one club

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Where did you want him to kick?

Could players not spread to space to creat an option? Was there anyone on for the switch? I dont mind the long down the line, i thought our intensity at the drop of that contest was poor, the two or three possessions the Saints needed to get the ball out, were not pressured enough.

Now that the dust has settled a little, I want to give another shout-out to George Hewett. He had a career high in disposals last week against West Coast. Three weeks ago against Collingwood he had a career-high 20 contested possessions. Today - 32 touches, 6 tackles and a goal. He was dropped 3 weeks before the Collingwood game.

Same with Newman - once a whipping boy, today had 35 touches and 16 marks. Huge, and so reliable in defence...

Yep, reward good form in the magoos. Binns should have been in well before he was, that’s just one example

Play out of form and returning injured in the magoos, then we become one club

It's the small things that matter, hope we have seen the light.

Rewatch it and ask why Kemp was forced to go around the back of the goal post to try and get to it....block off the ball perchance?
Didn’t you get the memo, forwards are allowed to block defenders from contesting the ball as long as its close to the line.

Garbage rule, happens every week

Put it in there, what are they going to do besides ban you from going on that shit board?

Let's not eh? House rules for each board.

We all have opinions on other boards but if some idiot comes into our house and shits on the carpet they get a ban, quick smart.

Last edited:
Could players not spread to space to creat an option? Was there anyone on for the switch? I dont mind the long down the line, i thought our intensity at the drop of that contest was poor, the two or three possessions the Saints needed to get the ball out, were not pressured enough.

Saints manned up pretty well.

That Acres kick wasn't the problem. The problem was Byrnes was completely free at the stoppage on the 50 arc and no respect paid to Higgins from the next contest...

It really shouldn't be a surprise that we concede a goal like that... been happening all season...

It's to the point folks can't acknowledge his good work...gave it off quickly by hand at every opportunity. Highly effective today.
Yep. I'm no Lewis Young fan but apart from a few disposal howlers he was solid. His urgency and competitiveness were way up on past performances. He can stay in. With potentially Charles and Harry coming back and I assume McG, this allows Brodie Kemp to stay forward to hopefully provide Brisbane's defence something extra to think about and hopefully for our midfield to use the extra forward option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 24 Heartbreaker. Happy happy joy joy. Nothing to see here.

Back