Autopsy 2024 Rd 24 Heartbreaker. Happy happy joy joy. Nothing to see here.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 24 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell ya what…I owe Binns an apology. I’d written him off as too small. His running is awesome. He’s clean. Composed. Doesn’t shit himself. Great depth at the very least.

Ollie was amazing. Best game for the club.

Moir shows heaps. Like heaps. I don’t think he plays again this year but he should go into the off season with a lot of confidence.

Lord is better than I thought. His pressure is fantastic.

At least the plus out of all the injuries is that we’ve seen all these young players step up under pressure.

They played with enormous heart today. All heart. Tried as hard as I’ve seen us try. Totally against all odds.

Huge effort.

Last edited:
Voss not a good coach, MC is a disgrace, another season of crap.
Haven’t you gone a complete 180 over the last half a dozen weeks

A crippling injury list, a team that has stood up against the odds come back with a interstate win then unluckily just gone down to a side that has won their last 7/8 and knocked over some teams within the 8…
20 players on the injury list and the boys put in a ripper of an effort, me and a couple of mates there at the ground thought that our pressure and gamestyle with our availability of players was incredible…

In the ‘nine things we learned’ column for Round Nine. Jack Higgins’s most effective and accurate goal kicking technique is a one meter suspended 270% pirouette defying gravity and rotational inertia spatial disorientation error from a chaotic and rapidly devolving tornado of a pack.
Enjoy the finals from the sidelines 🤘

Last edited:
Watched a lot of him in the 2s, and while very slight, never thought it was an issue at that level, and didn't agree with the assertion he'd struggle with it at the next level.

Speed probably my main concern but he's adjusted really well with his workrate and ball use. He played the wing role brilliantly and with discipline in the 2s, and showing the same at AFL level.

Last fortnight, Ollie looks every bit a half back flanker. Love his run and tenacity, and he does much better with more time and space. Always presenting an option too. Binns wing, Ollie half back might be the way to go next season.
His kicking/decision making was a bit inconsistent at times, but agree he most certainly should have been given games earlier in the year before playing returning injured players from long layoffs…

Ha ha ha the Saints fans and the rest of the anti Carlton flogs can put the champagne back on ice now!:laughv1:

We've somehow stumbled and staggered our way into the finals despite only winning twice since the end of June.

We have a break now before that elimination final at the Gabba. A nice opportunity to recharge the batteries and get some of the troops back from injury.

We do owe the Lions a beating as well after last year after all! We almost went from looking at finishing in the top two, to missing out on the finals altogether!

Thankfully Port Adelaide were able to do us a massive favour in the end. We're still in this though, we got a lucky break so let's make the most of it now! We live to fight another day thankfully!

Last edited:
This team is so poor mentally. Cannot deal with any sort of pressure at all.

Don’t deserve to make finals.
Except in last year's finals where they were clutch.

Was a bad miss by Kemp. That kick wins the game, but with 20 on the injured list those last two games by kids have been outstanding. They won't have the same composure. That would have been embarrassing for St.Kilda if they had lost.

All St.Kilda achieved today was cost themselves a draft position!
Nope, what they achieved was a win when we really needed it.
You don’t think that does something for belief & confidence when they play us next season? 🤔
We a notoriously fragile, that win was worth more to them than 4 useless points and a draft position

Nope, what they achieved was a win when we really needed it.
You don’t think that does something for belief & confidence when they play us next season?
We a notoriously fragile, that win was worth more to them than 4 useless points and a draft position

Fantastic win against a VFL team playing against 22 on the field, yep well done

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

George Hewett is a warrior and solid citizen. He may not be the fastest player or have the longest kick but he cracks in constantly and has neat skills in tight situations and some nice dancing feet. In the last three weeks he has elevated his game to another level and it's been great to see. There is definitely a place for him in the middle going forward but we need to find quicker players in there to complement what he and Crippa do well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t you gone a complete 180 over the last half a dozen weeks

A crippling injury list, a team that has stood up against the odds come back with a interstate win then unluckily just gone down to a side that has won their last 7/8 and knocked over some teams within the 8…
20 players on the injury list and the boys put in a ripper of an effort, me and a couple of mates there at the ground thought that our pressure and gamestyle with our availability of players was incredible…
Agree with this. I went to the game expecting a 5 goal loss. The injuries were just ridiculous. But Walsh decided to be the real Walsh and every single kid stood up. And the whole side tried their heart out. I was proud to be Blue again.

George Hewett is a warrior and solid citizen. He may not be the fastest player or have the longest kick but he cracks in constantly and has neat skills in tight situations and some nice dancing feet. In the last three weeks he has elevated his game to another level and it's been great to see. There is definitely a place for him in the middle going forward but we need to find quicker players in there to complement what he and Crippa do well.
He’s now looking for better options ….ive noticed that

He also is starting to do more baulking …side stepping to get around players

He’s got good balance on his feet 🦶

Watched a lot of him in the 2s, and while very slight, never thought it was an issue at that level, and didn't agree with the assertion he'd struggle with it at the next level.

Speed probably my main concern but he's adjusted really well with his workrate and ball use. He played the wing role brilliantly and with discipline in the 2s, and showing the same at AFL level.

Last fortnight, Ollie looks every bit a half back flanker. Love his run and tenacity, and he does much better with more time and space. Always presenting an option too. Binns wing, Ollie half back might be the way to go next season.
His ball use was streets ahead of many of our mids.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not fit enough.

Who says so …where are you getting this info from? If you’re drawing a conclusion from watching vfl …the intrest/excitement of a large crowd would be miles different at afl level and the body will always dig in deep when the mind is happy and interested

For example we would all run faster when being chased by an angry loose dog 🐕 …yeah ?

Last edited:

Binns was absolutely cooked 20 minutes on the clock last quarter, tried to get off for a rest but was on the wrong side of the ground.
Motioned to Blacres to swap wings after the next centre bounce but the ball came out his side and stayed on his side for a few minutes.
I don’t think he managed to get off in the end, probably cost us in that last transition where Phillipou ended up missing the goal.

Thought his kicking was brilliant, no rainbow balls, he’s a player. Anyone that finds the ball as easily as he does at the next level down, and has an elite tank and better than average skills is going to make it.

Cannot believe he hadn’t played up until the WC game, just an indictment on the MC

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Who says so …where are you getting this info from? If you’re drawing a conclusion from watching vfl …the intrest/excitement of a large crowd would be miles different at afl level and the body will always dig in deep when the mind is happy and interested

For example we would all run faster when being chased by an angry loose dog …yeah ?
Dog doesnt chase you for 2 hours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 24 Heartbreaker. Happy happy joy joy. Nothing to see here.

Back