Autopsy 2024 Rd 24 Heartbreaker. Happy happy joy joy. Nothing to see here.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 24 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I would be looking for the club to take an extended squad to Brisbane.
Those that will play and to show solidarity with those that have played these last two games but may miss out playing in the final.

It probably wasn't obvious on the TV coverage but it looked to me that Weitering looked "out of sorts" for a lot of the game. Head down, jogging rather than sprinting etc. Don't think it was an injury, he just looked quite flat. Weird.
I thought Cripps was the same for a lot of the first qtr, before getting into gear a little in the 2nd before dominating the 3rd and being cooked in the 4th.

I think, particularly for the leaders, they're just exhausted. The bye is going to do a lot of guys good. Hopefully they're given the week off and get away.

Do we think Cripps got any votes this game? If he's lucky maybe 1?

Personally I think he's pretty cooked. I noticed very early in the game he didn't have a lot of run and got caught wrestling or just standing out the back of contests, it didn't look like he had much in him. But, as he always does, his strength of will brought him into the game and his 3rd qtr nearly dragged us over the line.

It's quite remarkable, you could say other guys had better games over 4 qtrs, but no one brought us into a winning position like he did from 1 qtr of herculean effort. He was gassed in the 4th and imo looked gassed at the start of the first, but still just found a way to impact.

Will use the 2 weeks to freshen up nicely, he’s not carrying a mattress this year and still covering the ground as well as he ever has.

Wash had his best game in a while, will be better again with a week’s break.

And we have quite a few freshened up soldiers coming back.

Can’t wait for Saturday week, pressures all on Brisvegas. Just deny them the corridor is all I ask

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wasn't upset with the way the boys played, couldn't have asked for anything more out of VFL team. However, was upset with our inability to set up in defensive 50 for the last goal, again. The entire team should have flooded defensive 50, except 3 players. It should have looked like a quagmire of bodies.

Third time this season we've got it horribly wrong in the dying seconds in defensively 50.
This times 100. Cost us the first Pies game and also the Adelaide game (and obviously yesterday).

Fast forward to 5m20s mark
Horrific viewing for Motlop, seriously what’s he doing??
Hard on saad given pack collapses on them
Yeah they're not even remotely equivalent, the Motlop and Saad instances.

Saad just gets separated in a huge pack and heap of bodies, whereas Motlop... legit I've got no idea what he thought he was doing. Guarding the corridor maybe? Yet still not goal side? I dunno, possibly an old fashioned take but with 30 seconds to go and setting up for a stoppage maybe just stay glued to your man and make sure he can't get an easy touch :drunk:

Disagree on the last sentence. His defensive lapses still cost us on occasion, it looked like the saints were attacking his wing, and got out more often than not. Offensively, he’s been very good the last two weeks. Don’t know whether you can carry him into a finals series against a team that moves the ball as well as the lions can

He was on Bradley Hill for most of the game on the wing on my side of the ground, I thought he played very well with Hill having nowhere near the influence someone of his experience and standing in the game.

I’ll give you that last transition for Philipou’s missed shot, but I already told you he was completely gassed

Fast forward to 5m20s mark
Horrific viewing for Motlop, seriously what’s he doing??
Hard on saad given pack collapses on them
Great post. I couldn't make it to the game yesterday but counted at least 4 or 5 times motlop was not correctly positioned in the zone or not on anyone, which lead to the saints getting out of the defensive 50. We just can't carry people that can't run out games and get lost in the defensive structure.

Yeah... let's face it, Motlop (besides that nice goal) just isn't with it this season and only played because of injuries.

Agree on Motlop. Just cannot take him into a final. He'll be dropped for Harry or Charlie for sure. His lapse was eerily similar to Stockers atrocious defending of Elliott just before he burned him off and kicked the winning goal in 2022. He was delisted shortly after, not saying Motlop should be delisted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New thread title: Saints lose draft pick order for no reason

I hope pick 5 turns out to be a superstar and pick 7 gets delisted in a few years.

Will go down with all their other draft blunders...

McEvoy ahead of Dangerfield
Billings ahead of Bont
McCartin ahead of Petracca
Clark + Coffield ahead of Naughton

lmao

For those who in any way say we don't deserve to be in finals, why not? After all, we won 13 games, and have a good percentage. Sure, our end of season form is not what we would have liked, but a whole new 'season' begins now.

That's crazy talk... 100% we deserve to be there... unless someone can come up with a convincing argument for a team that won less games than us deserves it more... good luck...

That's crazy talk... 100% we deserve to be there... unless someone can come up with a convincing argument for a team that won less games than us deserves it more... good luck...
I think I was trying to say what you just said... I believe we 100% deserve to be there..

Sorry I haven't read the thread ... but I think we have found a good one in Cooper Lord. Looked composed and capable under plenty of heat.

He’s my sub in the first final, only 75 out of 122 minutes TOG yesterday, that’s not going to cut it in a final but I like having a mid as substitute.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 24 Heartbreaker. Happy happy joy joy. Nothing to see here.

Back