Autopsy 2024 Rd 4 Blues win in miraculous escape

Who played well for the Blues in Round 4 vs the Dockers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow what a finish to a game which can only be described as a 2 hour long arm wrestle. It was tough, tiring, and felt we hardly had any of the game played on our own terms.

Weiters was a rock down back as was Kemp.

Took real heart to keep fighting and fighting for the full 4 quarters.

Cripps to Williams to Charlie for the goal at then end was just magic.

And then Cottrell marking and goaling. He's as cool as ice. He is such a clutch player in pivotal moments.

I am dearly looking forward to seeing Walsh's run and carry back for next week.

TDK gave us first use but we weren’t very clean under freos pressure
Yeah the fumbling today was really frustrating, particularly at clearances.

There were so many clearances that felt like:
Carlton first use, fumble
Another Blues player, fumble again.
Freo player, clean hands and handball
Another Freo player, clean hands and hits a player on the outside
Then they're off.

Not sure if you work on cleaning this up or just write it off as a bad day. I don't feel like we're normally that fumbly, even under heavy pressure.

I don’t want to take TDK away from the centre just as he’s gaining some momentum.

I get what you’re saying but Pittonet is critical to our clearance game, TDK can play the SOS role
I’d like both in the team soon

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah the fumbling today was really frustrating, particularly at clearances.

There were so many clearances that felt like:
Carlton first use, fumble
Another Blues player, fumble again.
Freo player, clean hands and handball
Another Freo player, clean hands and hits a player on the outside
Then they're off.

Not sure if you work on cleaning this up or just write it off as a bad day. I don't feel like we're normally that fumbly, even under heavy pressure.
The fumbles have been there all year contested gound ball game has gone backwards big time and Ive been calling it for a couple of weeks now - hopefully it gets addressed especially CBB - just awful.

Even more improbable than the Brisbane win.

Barely did much right - Freo should be kicking themselves for not putting the game away much earlier.

Lots to work on, but the foundation and hunger is clearly there for this to be a special season.
We didn't play that well, and indeed there's heaps to work on, but Freo aren't that good and it was nowhere near as improbable a win as the Brisbane game, especially from 46 points down.

I believe the rule is that you can’t blatantly waste time, even if you theoretically have a maximum of 30 seconds available.

Most of the time, you’re getting your breath back, or getting up off the ground, trying to get someone to give you the ball, or have the umpire confirm the mark. Chugga didn’t really have much in the way of excuses to draw upon to milk the 30.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Sure, but you can kill more than he did.
The umps give you a hurry-up before you run out of time, and you only have to start your run-up. Kennedy went way quicker than he needed to, and only just squeezed it home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fumbles have been there all year contested gound ball game has gone backwards big time and Ive been calling it for a couple of weeks now - hopefully it gets addressed especially CBB - just awful.
We're very one-paced and undynamic in there at the moment. It doesn't seem very balanced.

As a result, the surety of some of our better users seems to have vanished a bit.

We're very one-paced and undynamic in there at the moment. It doesn't seem very balanced.

If everyone is fumbling and bumbling and no clean ball - everyone looks slow and on teh back foot. we have lost structure around teh contest because Kennedy/Hewett/Cripps to Cerra/Walsh combo isnt being played for obvious reasons...

Carroll is learning AFL type intensity as he goes but he is not capable of playing 4 quarters contested ball as well as teh more experience blokes - yet. O Hollands tries hard but gets shoved aside like tissue paper - his brother is no better from what Ive seen so far. They are both better played outside in space.

Yeah I know, was just making light of that stupid comment 3 games into the season.

Oh, I know. Totally ignored the fact that we had contributed to their winless starts.

a maddening insistence on the play-on handball even where they were just handballing into danger.
I was watching Kingy showing preseason footage of us. This is clearly what we are working on. I personally like it, I think with practice this can be a weapon for us. Maybe I am hoping for an improvement in this like GWS had at the back end of last year. Voss is clearly wanting us to be sound defensively but needing to add a layer of attack. In my opinion we were too defensive late last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 4 Blues win in miraculous escape

Back