Preview 2024 Rd 6 Carlton v GWS Saturday April 20 4:35PM (AEDT) @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Lachie Cowan, Lewis Young

OUT: Adam Saad (hamstring), Mitch McGovern (hamstring)

MILESTONE: Matthew Kennedy 100 games

Round 6 team v GWS
Backs:Lachie CowanJacob WeiteringBrodie Kemp
Half-backs:Zac WilliamsLewis YoungNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew CottrellTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Charlie CurnowHarry McKayMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollCorey Durdin
Orazio FantasiaMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsAlex CincottaHudson O'Keeffe

Last edited by a moderator:
Giants without Taylor and probably Coniglio. I'm assuming Cerra will miss another week as the hamstring came late in the weak.

Outs: McGovern (inj), Saad (inj), Fantasia, Pittonet
Ins: Young, Cincotta, Binns, Cowan

Williams Young Kemp
Cowan Weitering Boyd
Cottrell Cripps Acres
E.Hollands McKay Cincotta
Owies Curnow Durdin

De Koning Hewett Walsh

Kennedy Newman Binns Carroll

Sub: O.Hollands

In before Voss replaces Gov and Saad with Young and Cincotta/Cowan and names them sub.

So many non-contributors and it has finally caught us out.

Injury wise: Silvagni, Docherty, Cerra, McGovern, Saad, Fogarty, Motlop, Martin, Marchbank, Cuningham ... that's 10 injuries out of our top 25 players perhaps.

Be interesting to hear on Cincotta & S. Durdin not playing VFL this week..?
Also, DC, Motlop have at least 3 weeks off haven’t they?
Fogarty still TBD on the layoff ahead..

Inj: Saad, McGovern
Replace: Cincotta (?), Marchbank (?)

Omit: Fantasia

Replace: DC (?)

We will have about 27 players to pick from for this game - good luck to the match committee

I doubt Cez plays.

Gov and Saad certainly won’t.

In: Marchbank (assuming his back is fine). Cinc (assuming he’s being managed only because he’s sore) and Binns as the sub.

Out: Pitto, Gov, Saad.

Yes Ollie and Jack stay in the team. So do our less than impactful small forwards.

Although if Moir has a blinder tomorrow I’d drop Fantasia.

Fingers crossed we can bring Motts and Cunners in the week after because right now the barrel is being scraped.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giants have Hogan, Cadman, Riccardi and Brown as tall forwards. With no Gov going to be a lot to ask of Weitering/Kemp. Hopefully Marchbank passes his test - otherwise it's going to have to be Young

If we perform at centre bounces the way we have the past two games then Tom Green is going to be BOG next weekend.

We’ve let the oppo dictate terms the majority of the last 2 games. We need to go back to trusting ourselves and flinging the ball around quickly. The longer we hold it and chip it around, the quicker they flood back.

2 ruck setup should never be seen again. Any little advantage we may gain is quickly nullified by Pitto being useless around the ground and TDK causing a reverse-flood in our own forward line.

Pittonet, Caroll, Fantasia & O Hollands in the firing line + the two injuries.

Can't see us making 6 changes though unless we get great news on the injury front.
Marchbank and Motlop both borderline for next week.
Will be interesting to see how deep the commitment is to conservative injury management if we lose a couple of games.

My expectation is the Adelaide loss will piss them off and I expect us to come out strong.

Sam Taylor out is a massive out for them. GWS almost lost after being 4+ goals up with bugger all left in the game.

Hopefully Cerra is back in. If he is, Caroll comes out and Cerra back in. If not, then just forced changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back