Trades 2024 Round 17 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

trading rowell to rozee. had enough of rowell. if i had money id go to andy brayshaw.

rowell is a shocking footballer, most 1 dimentional player in the league.
Tempted to use my last trade to move Rowell to DeGoey. Couldn’t be much worse.

I have 6 trades left
Go Away GIF

I'm another in the "few thousand short for Rankine" camp, so its probably Freijah to Humphries, so I can get the bastard next week.

5 trades left.
I’m in the “few thousand over and able to just get Rankine” camp.

Did the maths Sunday morning and worked out a JHF to Rozee trade would give me just enough to go Sexton to Rankine.

$5,800 left ITB.

However, today I started thinking perhaps Jackson to Rankine is a better move net points wise, but the decent Ruck cover is handy. Only got 4 rounds left. Should I roll the dice, flick Jackson and keep Sexton? Got Kruger worst case. Could then use my last trade to go Rowell to Richards.

Thoughts?

IMG_4380.jpeg

Did the maths Sunday morning and worked out a JHF to Rozee trade would give me just enough to go Sexton to Rankine.

$5,800 left ITB.

However, today I started thinking perhaps Jackson to Rankine is a better move net points wise, but the decent Ruck cover is handy. Only got 4 rounds left. Should I roll the dice, flick Jackson and keep Sexton? Got Kruger worst case. Could then use my last trade to go Rowell to Richards.

Thoughts?

View attachment 2036331

Having solid ruck cover for Witts feels like a good call. He’s misse a few games this year.

$5,800 left ITB.

Thoughts?

View attachment 2036331
Keep Jackson.
Underwhelming, but he's got similar enough output to a Sexton and covers the RUC line with a decent score in a pinch.
Can always swing Kreuger down to FWDs, Fisher up to DEF to cover that line without Sexton if push comes to shove.
Kreuger a 50-60 operator, that's close enough to a shit F6 but a fair way off a competitive R2.
But someone else might have a better take.

Aah, Richards = Ed? Didn't read the trade target till after posting, assume it has to be him.
He'd give DEF cover, but only for a DPP out, way the side looks, less solid than other option
Beats the shit out of Rowell on-field, tbf
Rowell has been down a while, not sure he's not just more at that 100 sort of level long haul.

Probably go

Sullivan> Humphries
and
Harrison > Moore (Haw)....and leave Uwland at D6.....3 trades left after that....
Uwland the best cow on the year cash gen wise?
Would have to go close.
Greatest hold in history, tidy work 👍

Keep Jackson.
Underwhelming, but he's got similar enough output to a Sexton and covers the RUC line with a decent score in a pinch.
Can always swing Kreuger down to FWDs, Fisher up to DEF to cover that line without Sexton if push comes to shove.
Kreuger a 50-60 operator, that's close enough to a shit F6 but a fair way off a competitive R2.
But someone else might have a better take.
I agree keep Jackson to cover for Witts the Wookie if he gets "rested" for headbanger Moyle.

Last edited:
Who should I be concerned of the most
  • Young
  • Ridley
  • Martin

Considering using my 90k to get rid of one of them. I feel like Young’s fine, was on 67 before he started giving away frees. I don’t necessarily think there’s a huge role change despite increased forward time. If anything it’s his TOG which sucks

Martin has been a concern for awhile now, just too inefficient to be a consistent scorer. Can’t believe I traded my boy Whitfield over him.

Ridley is probably fine I just have massive buyers remorse. Even Steele outscored that spud

I got lured into the Shai trade too, he has been sloppy at best. The concerning part is his scores haven't gotten any better as the tigers have gotten better.
I traded him in after his bye in the hope that he could maintain an 85+ average for the year and to loop as an F7 where possible.
Has not worked out well for me as yet.

He’s getting CBA’s (21 on the weekend) but I’m not sure if that’s doing him much good.

Averaged 97 from 23 matches last year, so I thought he was decent buying.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

It wasn’t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Young
  • Ridley
  • Martin

Considering using my 90k to get rid of one of them. I feel like Young’s fine, was on 67 before he started giving away frees. I don’t necessarily think there’s a huge role change despite increased forward time. If anything it’s his TOG which sucks

Martin has been a concern for awhile now, just too inefficient to be a consistent scorer. Can’t believe I traded my boy Whitfield over him.

Ridley is probably fine I just have massive buyers remorse. Even Steele outscored that spud
I started both Martin and Young and I’d have to say Martin.

2 tons from the last 7 starts. The 90’s I can cop.

The two 80’s and the 75 I can’t, though.

Looped at D7 this week.

I started both Martin and Young and I’d have to say Martin.

2 tons from the last 7 starts. The 90’s I can cop.

The two 80’s and the 75 I can’t, though.

Looped at D7 this week.
Best I can afford from Martin is Dunkley ($400 bank)

If I go for a loop instead I can get anyone for 515k (with Lawson) or 530k (with 102k)

Not sure I like anyone in either of those price points

IMG_3343.jpeg
IMG_3344.jpeg

4 trades 90k bank

Down to 160th now, it’s hard seeing your rank slowly fall away because of bad trades. Have considered myself a good trader but this year I’ve been horrendous. Basically went Day and Ridley over Gulden and Sinclair, paid up 660k for Serong, Grundy to Xerri to English.

Which is why I’m tempted to atleast upgrade Martin to Dunkley to somewhat salvage my rank

Mannagh had 6.1 21 touches 6 clearances and 10 tackles in the vfl.
If he gets promoted this week some people can get a price rise out of him.
Who ?? .....oh you mean my side's statue

View attachment 2036510
View attachment 2036512

4 trades 90k bank

Down to 160th now, it’s hard seeing your rank slowly fall away because of bad trades. Have considered myself a good trader but this year I’ve been horrendous. Basically went Day and Ridley over Gulden and Sinclair, paid up 660k for Serong, Grundy to Xerri to English.

Which is why I’m tempted to atleast upgrade Martin to Dunkley to somewhat salvage my rank
Teams looking good 👍🏻

I would send Daicos back and trade in the best available 23rd player for Freijah and Clark

Send Martin to M9 this week and loop him (early game).

That’s just me though.

Alternatively, you could just sit on your hands and wait a week.

• Young
  • Ridley
  • Martin

Hold off for a week on Martin I reckon. 100 break even so no damage there, and Pies will give him every chance to post a score. If he flops, easy decision next week.

I’ve got Young, and agree, scores heavily when on the ground!! Forward time does worry me a bit, plays deep when he’s down there, not ideal.

View attachment 2036510
View attachment 2036512

4 trades 90k bank

Id keep Martin, i trust him more than the other 2 durability wise. A Martin 85 in rd 24 better than a Ridley 0, of course nothing is certain. You can also get to Neale with Young and Ridley if you wanted a choice of lions mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back