Preview 2024 Round 24 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday 25th August 3:20PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the equation is:

We win, we're in.

We lose, and Freo lose, we're in.

We lose and Freo win, we're out.

Can't finish higher than 8th, can't finish lower than 9th.

Brisbane at the Gabba in an Elim final waiting for us.
Discrediting this season. GWS will want top 2 so will give Dogs a big shake. Even * has pulled off some surprises and few players want some contracts (Package cough cough) and Brisbane have been hit and miss as well and recent weeks suggest they can be vulnerable. And you never know with North. Hawks have been up a while, lost their best player who knows.

This weekend many permutations. I wouldn’t even pencil in a Geelong win.

Discrediting this season. GWS will want top 2 so will give Dogs a big shake. Even * has pulled off some surprises and few players want some contracts (Package cough cough) and Brisbane have been hit and miss as well and recent weeks suggest they can be vulnerable. And you never know with North. Hawks have been up a while, lost their best player who knows.

This weekend many permutations. I wouldn’t even pencil in a Geelong win.
port will want top 2 as well - agree this last round has all sorts of possibilities.

Other than Sydney, noone else vying for finals will be taking the foot off the pedal

What a beautiful morning.

Hopefully Zac is good to go. Didn't know there was anything wrong with Gov. You'd have to assume that Corey will miss unless there was minimal ligament damage. Looked like his shoulder had been popped back in.

In an ideal scenario, maybe only Big H back in the side, otherwise no change and the Blues can play exactly the same way as yesterday. Crack in, posses ball, move forward with purpose, spot up leading options. Defend well without ball. It's a very winnable game and it's nice to not be relying on other teams to get us in the eight.

It wont matter, Port will beat Freo
Slight doubt due to whatsisname missing the game from tribunal outcome. And Freo being desperate enough.

Saints have Wilkie/battle/howard as there key backs.

They don’t have a big forward line, with Owens/membery/sharman. Wood and Marshall drift down there.

They may move battle forward as might not be required in there back half with how small we are.

Be some interesting match ups

Lets just beat these campaigners. I can't stand this club and they've had the wood over us for long enough. I'd prefer not to have to wait for Port to beat Freo. Not sure that'll happen either.
This is why GWS beating the Dogs is a must - otherwise it's likely a dead rubber for Port

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't want to even think about how sickening it would be for us to lose to Saints and see Power pull out a couple of stars pre-game knowing they have 2nd spot tied up already :sick:
If we're not good enough to beat St Kilda, nor win more than 2 of our last 8 games, we don't deserve to be in the finals.

Slight doubt due to whatsisname missing the game from tribunal outcome. And Freo being desperate enough.
No Way Glitch GIF by Mane 'n Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back