Preview 2024 Round 24 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday 25th August 3:20PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a bit riding on GWS winning for the second week in a row. It would most likely help us out in different ways if we win or lose.

Means nothing if we lose and Freo beats Port.

If we win, and Dogs lose, we play Hawthorn in Melbourne. If not, it's Brisbane at the Gabba.

I'm not sure which is the more difficult task to be truthful.

If we win, and Dogs lose, we play Hawthorn in Melbourne. If not, it's Brisbane at the Gabba.

Of course it means nothing in the scenario where we are mathematically out ;)

If GWS wins, and we win, it means we get to play Hawks at MCG rather than Brisbane at Gabba. As scary as Hawks may seem given what happened last week (the final margin was largely due to injuries, and we could learn a lot from how they were beating us anyway), it's surely a much better prospect than Lions at Gabba.

If GWS wins, and we lose, it means GWS move to second and Port now have to win to secure their home final, which gives them a bit of additional incentive against Freo. It's not much - but it's something. There's a big difference going into a game knowing you need to win, vs knowing you can lose by up to 6 goals and still be okay.

All of this is assuming that Hawks beat Kangas, Brisbane beat * at Gabba, and Geelong beat Eagles at home. None of those are much of a stretch though.

Last edited:

We're better off playing at the G.
I don't fear Hawthorn. We were cooked, and put in a stinker.

Cinc was good as a defender yesterday but think he would need to be the one to make way for Saady unluckily.

He has not been as effective as when he was starting forward and doing a blanket job in the midfield on one the oppo danger men. Was doing that well and hitting the scoreboard but that has dried up .

Cowan can't be dropped on his recent form and Young probably stays at this stage .
I'd be putting Cinc back to HFF before dropping him

Can't wait to beat the Ain'ts Stains on Sunday. Absolute rabble of an organisation with strangely cocky fans. All 11 of their members are puzzlingly arrogant despite 150 years of winning nothing but 30 spoons and a single flag after a wayward kick fluked a point in a GF. I live in St Kilda and can't bloody stand them. Just get it done Blues.

Last edited:
Cinc was good as a defender yesterday but think he would need to be the one to make way for Saady unluckily.

He has not been as effective as when he was starting forward and doing a blanket job in the midfield on one the oppo danger men. Was doing that well and hitting the scoreboard but that has dried up .

Cowan can't be dropped on his recent form and Young probably stays at this stage .
If Williams or Durdin are out (or both), Saad comes in and Cinc goes up the ground as a defensive forward. Do a job on Higgins.

If Williams or Durdin are out (or both), Saad comes in and Cinc goes up the ground as a defensive forward. Do a job on Higgins.

Why are we thinking Saad will be ready after doing another hammy? Optimistic view of the 1-2 weeks we announced?

Can't wait to beat the Ain'ts Stains on Sunday. Absolute rabble of an organisation with strangely cocky fans. All 11 of their members are puzzling arrogant despite 150 years of winning nothing but 30 spoons and a single flag after a wayward kick fluked a point in a GF. I live in St Kilda and can't bloody stand them. Just get it done Blues.
This has Parrot vibes, but Aints instead of Ferals! :)

(most recent members won't understand this)

Why are we thinking Saad will be ready after doing another hammy? Optimistic view of the 1-2 weeks we announced?
Only going by the rumour from carlton09.
Feel free to disregard. Just saying that Cinc doesn't have to come out to make way for him, particularly with clouds over Williams and Durds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait to beat the Ain'ts Stains on Sunday. Absolute rabble of an organisation with strangely cocky fans. All 11 of their members are puzzling arrogant despite 150 years of winning nothing but 30 spoons and a single flag after a wayward kick fluked a point in a GF. I live in St Kilda and can't bloody stand them. Just get it done Blues.

151yrs, 27 spoons & ONE FLAG.

Get it right ffs 😜

Yep probably about the same given we also have since beaten the Lions at the Gabba

Other difference is the path beyond the elimination final - finishing 8th means playing 5th followed by the loser of 1 v 4 which will likely be Geelong at the G followed by a Prelim at winner of Giants v Port (hopefully Port because I don’t fear them as much)

Finishing 6th or 7th means Hawks first up followed by the loser of Port v Giants (again would hope its Port so this time would want Port to lose their Qualifying Final) and then Prelim at the SCG

So 8th means Gabba and Adelaide Oval or Giants stadium
And 6th or 7th means Adelaide Oval or Giants Stadium plus SCG

All else equal I would go with 8th and avoid SCG and hope we also avoid Giants Stadium in that scenario

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Finals scenario for us …

Carlton v St Kilda at Marvel Stadium, 3.20pm AEST

If the Blues win
  • Their spot in the finals will be secured
  • They can finish anywhere from fourth to eighth
  • To finish fourth, they need Geelong, Brisbane and the Western Bulldogs to all lose. Their percentage is only 1.1 per cent worse than Hawthorn's, so they could finish above the Hawks even if they both win

If the Saints win
  • The Blues' spot in the top eight is in danger
  • Given Carlton's percentage of 110.7 is far superior to Collingwood's 100.1, the Magpies would need a miraculous round to jump the Blues
  • If Fremantle beats Port Adelaide, the Blues would miss the eight, unless the Hawks lose to North Melbourne and a small percentage turnaround occurs. Hawthorn's percentage is 1.1 per cent better heading into the final round. So, if Carlton loses to St Kilda by 10 points, Hawthorn would need to lose to North Melbourne by 13 points for the Blues to grab eighth spot

Yep probably about the same given we also have since beaten the Lions at the Gabba

Other difference is the path beyond the elimination final - finishing 8th means playing 5th followed by the loser of 1 v 4 which will likely be Geelong at the G followed by a Prelim at winner of Giants v Port (hopefully Port because I don’t fear them as much)

Finishing 6th or 7th means Hawks first up followed by the loser of Port v Giants (again would hope its Port so this time would want Port to lose their Qualifying Final) and then Prelim at the SCG

So 8th means Gabba and Adelaide Oval or Giants stadium
And 6th or 7th means Adelaide Oval or Giants Stadium plus SCG

All else equal I would go with 8th and avoid SCG and hope we also avoid Giants Stadium in that scenario

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's possible we play Dogs and then Cats. Preliminary in Sydney or Adelaide but I'd take that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back