Preview 2024 Round 24 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday 25th August 3:20PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is nearly impossible to pick a team. Who knows if McGovern or Durdin are right to go.
Or if Saad, Charlie, Fantasia are fit again.

This is the Best case team. Assuming all above are at least 90% and we can play them. I would play Charlie and Saad but as much as I want Durdin to play (very unlikely) I say no, he can’t get his arm above his head.

FB - Cowan Weitering Cincotta
HB- Newman McGovern Young
C- Acres Cripps O Hollands
FOL- Pitto Walsh Hewett
 HF- E.Hollands (m) Kemp Williams
FF- Kennedy Charlie Owies

Int- Motlop (f), Carroll (m), Lord (m) Saad (d)
Sub - Moir

Out: Durdin Binns
In: Charlie Saad

Emerg: Binns, Lemmey, Akeui

————//———

This is what I think is the Likely case team.

As much as I would like Charlie to play, it looked serious and wouldn’t risk him with his injury history

With no Durdin - we need a defensive half-forward who can run with a Saint half back and bring the ball to ground. Who though? I say Cincotta goes forward with Saad returning to backline and Carroll playing as 7th defender (he seemed do that a bit last week)
O Hollands to play the connecting half forward when his brother goes into the middle

FB - Cowan Weitering Young
HB- Newman McGovern Saad
C- Acres Cripps Binns
FOL- Pitto Walsh Hewett
 HF- E.Hollands (m) Kemp Cincotta
FF- Williams Kennedy Owies

Int- Motlop (f), Carroll (d), Lord (m), O Hollands (w, f)
Sub - Moir

Out: Durdin
In: Saad

Emerg: Wilson, Lemmey, Akeui

Be great if Saad and Charlie come up.

Little Durds will not play surely so that leaves one spot for Charlie in the front half so
for mine that is easy.

Saady tougher who would come out but it can't be Cow so probably a very stiff Carrol
or Cinc.

If Gov does not come up then both play.

So that looks only likely changes for me.

In the unlikely event Durds and Charlie play I think we would need a slight re jig and Binns out.

Jesse worked so hard last week and should be retained, he is building.

And Lord was brilliant in close, he took a load off Crippa and Hewy, allowed them more break away.... Has to stay.

He is tough, clever and only a fit Cerra at this point should push him out. A great debut and can only get better.

We have found another gem there I think. :thumbsu:

I would be having Binns as sub and Moir in 22 if the choice was between those two also.

I hate taking the Binns out, so he can be the sub while I stay here on the couch and watch the game. 😂

I thought the win against St Kilda in 2023 was one of our best for the year. They worked their butts off to negate us. It was a massive arm wrestle, and courtesy of that hero Blake Acres, we out worked them in the end.

This game is going to be tough. We need to keep up the run we displayed in our game last week. I don’t know what we will do with selection. But in the form Durdin displayed against the Eagles, he would be a loss.

100% cc.
Need to be switched right on from the start. Need to knock em out by half time. If there in front or we leave them with a sniff in the last it could be very dangerous.imo
Given the must win nature of the game, can’t see them not being as manic as last week - throw in our foaming at the mouth home crowd - who’d want to be a saint?

It’s going to be Armageddon!

Didn’t the champion data guru also say at the start of the season that St Kilda we’re going to make finals and possibly win the flag?
We all make those predictions for fun…no one is going to guess that one correctly in most cases

I’m not sure if you watched it but I thought it was good analysis.

They destroyed cats in 2nd half last week.

We also destroyed cats last time we played them but we are currently not the same team..

However I still hold hope because we’ve found new energy and are way less predictable.

IN: Saad, Fantasia
OUT: McGovern, Durdin

Caminiti will miss due to injury so their only player with height in their forward line is Sharman. I think if we play all of Weiters + 2 of Young, Gov, Marchbank we'll be too tall so it's an opportune time to give Gov a rest and get him right for a potential finals series.

Young on Sharman and Weiters playing intercept.

Only risk is if we lose a tall during the game then we're screwed. Could potentially even play Marchy as the sub to give some cover for this (in which case Moir comes out).

Give everyone else on the injury list an additional week to get cherry ripe for finals. Saints are fielding a small and fast side currently so I think our team from last week will be a good equivalent match-up.

Means we will have these guys (hopefully) available week 1 of finals:
Curnow
TDK
Martin
McGovern
McKay
Boyd (maybe)
Can confirm. Saad and Curnow will play if they get through training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are a few flogs on the Aints board that think the Baggers are the worst performing team of the AFL era. Flogs from a rabble that hasn't won jack since the Moon landing. Fair dinkum! We need to bury this irrelevant club on Sunday and get on with finals where we belong.

Did man really stand on the moon????

Did St.Kilda really win a flag????

So long ago it is hard to be sure on these things.

The photo below appears otherwise ? :think:

Attachments

• d5716283f1f5b175064cd935357926f7.jpg
    d5716283f1f5b175064cd935357926f7.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 38
Is it bad that I'm being a little... selfish? (idk if it's the right word..) in that I want Cripps to put in a BoG performance to lock in a Brownlow? (I believe he's about half a game to a game up on 2nd, a 2 or 3 voter in my view makes his lead unassailable 1 maybe secures it but more definitely does)

I'm sure he'll get tagged and heavily game-planned against, that's what Ross does - don't get beaten by what you know/take away the oppositions best weapon, and everyone knows Cripps is key.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Cripps having this performance also is our best chance to win, so in both respects I'm really hoping for it but it'll be hard work

If he gets tagged and he is struggling, send him to CHF, he can kick 4 and get the votes.

Yes - as someone has said before - it will be a very Carlton way to miss the finals. It will be a Freo kick after the siren :eek:
We just have to win.

Jason Sudeikis Good Luck GIF by Apple TV+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back