Preview 2024 Round 24 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday 25th August 3:20PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caminiti will miss due to injury so their only player with height in their forward line is Sharman
They can bring Schoenmaker back in and swing someone forward, or bring in a mid and shift Mason Wood to create a mismatch or defensive role similar to what we did with Kemp.

Watching the replay Kemp was also better defensively than the Harry & Charlie... worked really hard to harass and knock over bodies
He's far nimbler and more mobile than the other 2 so it was much more noticeable, but in fairness to them it's easier for him given his physical makeup/positions he's played.

Harry is pretty good for his size in fairness to him. Charlie does look completely useless when the other team gets the ball.

Is it bad that I'm being a little... selfish? (idk if it's the right word..) in that I want Cripps to put in a BoG performance to lock in a Brownlow? (I believe he's about half a game to a game up on 2nd, a 2 or 3 voter in my view makes his lead unassailable 1 maybe secures it but more definitely does)
Don’t care too much about the Brownlow coops. I just want Crippa to take the reigns and steer the team home to a win…..like Pearl Jam’s love boat captain. :)

Really going to have to back young in now. Hopefully he recovers his 22 form.

Agree, him and Weitering just have to figure things out between the two of them. Second tall defender is by far our biggest hole in my opinion. I thought they did a great job as a unit against the Eagles, although our midfield dominance gave them as easy an afternoon as they'd get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best outcome is if we win big.

We need to negotiate our way into coming 7th and taking on Hawthorn, avoiding GWS or Brisbane in 5th. Yes, I know we just lost to Hawthorn, but finals are another pond compared to their speed blitz against us two weeks ago. Travelling to Sydney Showgrounds - where our record is piss poor - or to the Gabba - where we just got them in round 0 and lost to them last year in finals - is incredibly sub-optimal.

Some would say there's nothing to be gained from losing week 1 of finals. That's horse shit when you analyse history in any way. Teams need finals experience across the board - usually winning experience, but experience period - to become credible threats in finals, with even Richmond's losing finals experience in 2013-15 was valuable to them in subsequent years. This is especially true of the younger players, Cowan, Walsh, Ollie; these players go on to drive standards and expectations from this point, knowing the crucible that is finals footy. This is such an impediment for a team without it; it allows you to travel and win if you need to. Hawthorn in 2015 were able to do it the hard way because the team had no awe in them left; finals hardened much more than their opposition, they rose when they needed to, brutal in the clinches and both harder and silkier than their opposition.

Winning this game is therefore extremely important for a myriad of reasons, both for the slimmest of chances at this year's flag and for the future. While glory awaits, this year being the struggle it is and making finals is a gauntlet these players can remember for years to come: we survived this and still pushed through.

We need to negotiate our way into coming 7th and taking on Hawthorn, avoiding GWS or Brisbane in 5th. Yes, I know we just lost to Hawthorn, but finals are another pond compared to their speed blitz against us two weeks ago. Travelling to Sydney Showgrounds - where our record is piss poor - or to the Gabba - where we just got them in round 0 and lost to them last year in finals - is incredibly sub-optimal.

Some would say there's nothing to be gained from losing week 1 of finals. That's horse shit when you analyse history in any way. Teams need finals experience across the board - usually winning experience, but experience period - to become credible threats in finals, with even Richmond's losing finals experience in 2013-15 was valuable to them in subsequent years. This is especially true of the younger players, Cowan, Walsh, Ollie; these players go on to drive standards and expectations from this point, knowing the crucible that is finals footy. This is such an impediment for a team without it; it allows you to travel and win if you need to. Hawthorn in 2015 were able to do it the hard way because the team had no awe in them left; finals hardened much more than their opposition, they rose when they needed to, brutal in the clinches and both harder and silkier than their opposition.

Winning this game is therefore extremely important for a myriad of reasons, both for the slimmest of chances at this year's flag and for the future. While glory awaits, this year being the struggle it is and making finals is a gauntlet these players can remember for years to come: we survived this and still pushed through.
I want to play Brisbane in Brisbane. Reckon we'll beat them given the chance

We haven't won a last round home and away game since 2013.
We've smashed s lot of hoodoos this year. We can certainly smash one more.
I look forward to it.

Great post.

YES BUNDY LET'S GET FIRED UP FELLA
On Fire GIF by DefyTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back