Preview 2024 Round 24 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday 25th August 3:20PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to trust the club isn’t silly enough to play potentially 4 underdone players.

Either they’re fully fit or they don’t play.

(hopefully)
It’s the Carlton MC, that we’re talking about…

They have a long history of selecting underdone players…

But Durds should be delisted and we were crazy to offer him a 2 year deal, surely you must have read the countless posts suggesting that ....although those posters suggesting it were strangely quiet on the topic last week. Funny that.

Happy to stick to my position that Corey Durdin isn’t AFL standard. A day against a terrible Eagles side changes nothing.

I agree - I reckon we could do without all this Saints banter.

We've been pretty appalling for 25 years.

Let's be classier and just stick to talking about Carlton.

Do you have a St Shitna membership?

Having seen a makeshift fwd line last week who played like their life absolutely depended on it, I look at the forward line for this week and I cant help but think its going back to what didn't work for the previous 6 weeks.

It's only Curnow in and Kennedy on the bench. Is that what is concerning you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's only Curnow in and Kennedy on the bench. Is that what is concerning you?
Dunno, I'm as nervous as hell. Yeah Curnow is a bit of a concern. Far be it from me to shoot Bambi but Curnow's desperation level during the course of this year (especiially his last 6 or 7 weeks prior to getting injured) hasn't exactly set the world of fire. Would you agree he owes the club a big one? If we were up and running, we would smack them into 2025. I needed therapy after the end to 2022, I dont know what Ill need if we lose on Sunday.

Dunno, I'm as nervous as hell. Yeah Curnow is a bit of a concern. Far be it from me to shoot Bambi but Curnow's desperation level during the course of this year (especiially his last 6 or 7 weeks prior to getting injured) hasn't exactly set the world of fire. Would you agree he owes the club a big one? If we were up and running, we would smack them into 2025. I needed therapy after the end to 2022, I dont know what Ill need if we lose on Sunday.

What we need is the same application from the rest of the team. Charlie will lift accordingly. I'm more concerned about Saad. His lack of discipline in sticking to his task lately has been a bit of a coach killer. Mind you, Newman was in the same boat and he was good last week.

As long as we continue to innovate and lower the eyes, our forward line will be fine.

What’s funny is we still look better on paper with an injury list of 15+ players. If we turn up with a genuine hunger and willingness to chase, tackle, apply pressure and lower the eyes to hit the lead then we win this and earn the right to have a crack at finals. Turn up with a bad attitude or an unwillingness to run and create spread then they will choke up the corridor and shut us down and despite the injuries, it will have been a wasted year where we didn’t cash in with a list in its prime and such an even competition.

Stick with the team from last week except for any returning guns who are 100% ready.

I certainly wouldn't swap anyone from last week for Fantasia unless they are injured.
I don’t think Fantasia needs to be in the 23. Corey might be a risk with the shoulder. Binns pushed out with Ollie moving back to the wing.

In: Curnow, Saad.
Out: Binns, Durdin.

Emergency: Fantasia, Binns, Corey

The forward line looks sensational…

Elijah Charlie Williams
Motlop kemp owies
I like it, looks quite balanced to me. Charlie the centre piece will draw a couple of defenders, while the other 5 orbit around him.

Just need to be disciplined going I50 and pick the best option of the 6 forwards - and not just bang it to Charlie.

Happy to stick to my position that Corey Durdin isn’t AFL standard. A day against a terrible Eagles side changes nothing.
He showed something last week. I wouldn't put a line through him yet.
He needs to get his body right and work extremely hard on his game. Watch and learn from how Brett Daniels plays the position.

If Charlie doesn't pull up then Kennedy spends more time up forward and I reckon Lord plays as a further mid rotation and Moir selected as sub.

Fantasia will be the Durds cover if he doesn't get up.

Assuming no withdrawals my bench will be: Cincotta, Kennedy, C Durdin and Binns with Moir as sub. Lord v unlucky.

If Charlie pulls out which I'm expecting then Kennedy starts and the bench is Durds, Binns, Lord and Cincotta with Moir as sub.

I'd really like all of Moir, Binns and Lord to be in the 25, but don't see it if both of Charlie and Saad pull up.

I like it, looks quite balanced to me. Charlie the centre piece will draw a couple of defenders, while the other 5 orbit around him.

Just need to be disciplined going I50 and pick the best option of the 6 forwards - and not just bang it to Charlie.
If Charlie goes along with how we played last week then we should be even better with his athletic abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back