Preview 2024 Round 24 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday 25th August 3:20PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For 9 of those years the final game was of no consequence, last year we rested a bunch of players in the final round as it made no difference to where we finished. 2022 we narrowly lost. Every other year the season was long past being alive for us. It really means nothing in relation to this year.
It’s an over exaggeration. We drew with Essendon in the last round of 2014.😂

That’s a pretty good looking side on paper.

Kemp at chf & Charlie at ff just looks right.

That’s what I’m looking forward to most, Kemp without all the attention being on him, either has a massive day out, or will go missing in Charlie’s shadow.

Could be the genuine making of him as a forward.

If C.Durdin is fit he has to play again imo. Leaves one spot + sub from the others.
But Durds should be delisted and we were crazy to offer him a 2 year deal, surely you must have read the countless posts suggesting that ....although those posters suggesting it were strangely quiet on the topic last week. Funny that.

Team looks exciting on paper.
Didn’t mind Binns on the wing and Ollie at halfback last week; curious as to whether Cinc plays a defensive role up the field or stays in the back half, which will probably determine if Binns plays or not.

Don’t want to risk Durdin with those shoulders; he’s at his best when he hits contests hard and you’d think he’d be sore as all hell.

But Durds should be delisted and we were crazy to offer him a 2 year deal, surely you must have read the countless posts suggesting that ....although those posters suggesting it were strangely quiet on the topic last week. Funny that.
Surprised much ?- the whisperers have toned the whispering down a few notches- back to (mostly) back room mumbling and sharpening of knives for future use.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saad and Curnow named in the 18. Looking at the extended bench you'd be confident both Cincotta and Kennedy will be named. Leaves two spots (+ sub) from Binns, Carroll, Moir, Lord, Fantasia and C.Durdin.

If C.Durdin is fit he has to play again imo. Leaves one spot + sub from the others.

Give me Binns and Lord with Carroll sub

Saad and Curnow named in the 18. Looking at the extended bench you'd be confident both Cincotta and Kennedy will be named. Leaves two spots (+ sub) from Binns, Carroll, Moir, Lord, Fantasia and C.Durdin.

Would prefer any of our newbs rather than Raz. Especially if it's as sub.
Stick with Moir.

Moir a better sub then Carroll...

Disagree, think for us to win, we need to have a strong performance in midfield. While I was hugely impressed with Moir's game on the weekend, it was a perfect storm for a player like him to play well in (a dominant midfield full of exuberance against players who'd largely given up)

If the game is even at 3QT, I'd feel better with Carroll coming on as opposed to Moir for midfield reinforcement. If someone gets injured 10 minutes into the 1st quarter, I'd MUCH rather Carroll.

Selection will be really tough, especially for our backline. Carroll and Cincotta were excellent. Binns and Lord offered a lot. There is an opportunity to picks a side that has a little more speed and mobility and an opportunity to pick a side that had the same problems with this all season.

Despite all the injuries, we find ourselves with too many form/good players to choose from. Depth isn't really the issue. The top end (best 22) is.

Disagree, think for us to win, we need to have a strong performance in midfield. While I was hugely impressed with Moir's game on the weekend, it was a perfect storm for a player like him to play well in (a dominant midfield full of exuberance against players who'd largely given up)

If the game is even at 3QT, I'd feel better with Carroll coming on as opposed to Moir for midfield reinforcement. If someone gets injured 10 minutes into the 1st quarter I'd MUCH rather Carroll.

Oh no you don’t!

Oh no you don’t!
What Have I Done Cat GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back