Preview 2024 Round 24 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday 25th August 3:20PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grow up - if you could come up with something clever or original it might reach the level of banter.

Generally it's schoolboy level, unfunny rubbish - deluded rants about wooden spoons against a club who've achieved far more than we have in the last 25 years.
Are you actually serious?

Pray tell, what exactly in your mind have St Kilda "achieved" in the last 25 years?

"Grow up"? How about you take your own advice and scroll on or use the 'Ignore' function if the level of banter does not reach your standards.

Your post has an element of 'old man yells at cloud' about it. Lighten up.

Last edited:
Can we stop with the notion that if the saints win they’ll drop on the draft order,they couldn’t give a stuff about that they just want to finish us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree they just want to end our season. However, if people want to control their anxiety by coming up with reasons they won't go as hard, then they can. No skin off my nose.

Roles will be interesting. Carroll was really damaging and clean at half back last week. Hollands spent time in the back half and it worked for him. Do we explore Saad on a wing? Binns will get a lot of time on the wing. Acres probably goes forward a fair bit. Weitering was really good at CHB with Young at FB, it worked. We just need to keep them wide and slow them down well. We should have really really good midfield rotations. How we navigate the second ruck role will be interesting. I don't mind the bigger mids doing it, gives us more mobility, run and ground level strength in the middle.

May not be a traditional back 7 forward 7 and mids. Will be players playing in both positions more.

Young Weitering Newman Saad Cincotta Cowan and Carroll will be the main defenders. Hollands will go through there.

Kennedy Kemp Owies Motlop E Hollands Durdin will be the main forward. I think McGovern if he plays will play there, if not Moir or Fantasia.

Wings will be Acres Hollands and Binns. Binns will be mainly wing, a little half forward if it works that way. Acres I think goes forward a bit. Hollands goes back a bit. E Holland and Carroll may go through here at times.

On Ball will be Cripps Walsh Hewett and Lord. We will see a fair bit of E Hollands, especially as a plus 1 and a bit of Kennedy. Carroll could get a few minutes as well. Would we pull a left field move and put Saad in here for a few minutes?
I would put saad fwd on one of the saints pacy HBFs.

Can we stop with the notion that if the saints win they’ll drop on the draft order,they couldn’t give a stuff about that they just want to finish us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
They should just want to finish us, agreed. No doubt that's what Ross wants. But whether the players actually feel that way? Maybe they do, or maybe some of them feel just a little bit satisfied with their effort last week and are starting to think about their break. Time will tell.

A whole year younger and 30 games less experience on average.
That was the scenario last week as well, but in the case of West Coast it was from a dearth of experience in the middle band, while St Kilda has a better spread of experience.

Tougher match, and hopefully we'll get a lot more creative at centre bounces and milk their lack of key forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing we need to focus on is the 4 points.

So hopefully coaches have analysed the rabble v cats game last week and developed a strategy to stifle their strength and enhance ours.

I’ve got no doubt the boys will be playing with lots of enthusiasm and energy …just like last week.

The only thing we need to focus on is the 4 points.

So hopefully coaches have analysed the rabble v cats game last week and developed a strategy to stifle their strength and enhance ours.

I’ve got no doubt the boys will be playing with lots of enthusiasm and energy …just like last week.

We are not playing West Coast, we need to understand what we need to do to win and damage control…

I’m expecting a heavy loss…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back