I’m thinking 3 trades this week,

Billings > Darcy the obvious trade
Coffield > Tom brown Tom brown

And then either one of

Jordan > heeney
Or Reid > Steele

Unsure which of those to do ?

Skip both of them if you can
I'm tempted by Draper. Might not have a choice if Howes gets dropped. I liked the look of Draper on the weekend. Going to be a slow burn, but currently still have Coffield, Gibcus and Reid to deal with.

He seems opposite to his brother.

See how he goes this week , might be a option .
Had a ACL in his draft year, seems he lost a bit of speed off the mark. He's a very good runner (like his brother) was always near the front at the Suns (close to Touk/Sharp etc).

He'll be a good player for Carlton.

Why would Las zero be out he was ok .

I think north should be playing Ford .
Unsure if Las is the one to go for him.
Last week showed that Clarko needs to select a big-bodied midfielder who can stick a tackle.
Laz is good for defensive running, but he's a bit undersized at the coal face. When you add in his substandard skills, I could see him getting pushed out.
Reckon we should bring in Greenwood instead, and give Simpkin a little more midfield time, to increase the midfield's accountability.
At the moment Wardlaw is doing some heavy lifting.

Agree Fordy should be elevated to the best 22.

Do I even need to do anything this week?
Rookies still probably have some mooing left

$147.8k ITB

Wouldn't mind Greene but I feel like I can wait for a down week.

The following also interests me but 🤷
Wines>Steele
Fisher>McKay (cant afford Jackson)

View attachment 1946595View attachment 1946596
Screenshot_20240402_121847_SuperCoach.jpg

Seems the sensible play.

As far as I can tell Draper is basically assured games indefinitely with 2 key dockers defenders out for 10+ weeks.

And Darcy is too good of an opportunity to pass up after I chose Powell over Dempsey last week.

Windsor b/e up to 37 now but I can definitely be convinced to trade out Mannagh instead if you can convince me he won't come back into the side.

Last week showed that Clarko needs to select a big-bodied midfielder who can stick a tackle.
Laz is good for defensive running, but he's a bit undersized at the coal face. When you add in his substandard skills, I could see him getting pushed out.
Reckon we should bring in Greenwood instead, and give Simpkin a little more midfield time, to increase the midfield's accountability.
At the moment Wardlaw is doing some heavy lifting.

Agree Fordy should be elevated to the best 22.

Greenwood been poor for North .
Eps after what he did at the sun's

Greenwood been poor for North .
Eps after what he did at the sun's
Agree its been underwhelming. But his knee was shot last year. He could barely go any harder than a brisk limped walk.
He looked better this PS. Suspect he's not getting a game to date because the yoof is taking priority.

All of that is a roundabout way of saying that I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Laz was dropped or made the sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're $1000 or less off being able to do this:
-Fisher to SDarcy
-Gibcus to Whitfield
can look at other cheaper DEF options if you want (NWM?)

You can just keep the cash gen coming:
-ZFisher to Dempsey
-Weakest rookie to SDarcy

But you need to make sure Howes doesn't get dropped or is the sub, as it's full scoring this week

Alternatively you could get SDarcy and correct Gibcus to Brown/Draper

Don't really think you need to force anything though. Definitely wouldn't be boosting.
I like 2nd option atm. all about cash gen fast money makers

Last edited:
fyfe, billings, berry > flanders, t powell, s darcy + 10k

wanted to get tom green in but need to get those fwd rookies off field i think. comfortable enough fielding Sharp, Mckerch, Sanders, Roberts atm.

leaves my fwds as:
Heeney, Flanders, Powell, Fisher, Jordon, Sexton

let the cows fatten over the next few weeks, Jordon probably gone at his bye

I have decided to, in the modern parlance, 'pivot'.

The plan was Reid, Mannagh and Billings to Darcy, Khamis and Flanders.

But then Dempsey did stuff and looked good.

So then, the ultra future-minded plan was Darcy, Khamis and Dempsey with the same trade outs. Leaving about 600k in the puswah. NickyD money I planned to use to get Flanders.

But then, the pivot. Now thinking Billings, Fyfe and Reid to McKay, Flanders and Dempsey.

It's a plan for now. Gives me a forward line of Flanders, Jackson, McKay, Fisher, Powell and Dempsey onfield. Pretty flarken strong. Albeit no Heeney, who is gonna burn y'all. He never doesn't.

Leaves just enough cash to go Lazarro to Hollands next week, and Sexton to Darcy after one price rise, if he still looks the goods.

Means missing Khamis but I've decided on reflection that he would've been a great guy to grab on his bubble, but prolly not worth the small premium

Seeing quite a few ditching Harley Reid, and I'm not sure I entirely get why. BE is still only 22, and despite only averaging 65 so far against pretty tough opposition (which still isn't all that bad), all he needs is one spike score and the cash gen will get rolling.

His JS is as rock solid as you can possibly get, and his fixture opens up a bit after this week too (Richmond, Freo, GC, Essendon). I don't reckon he's worth jumping off just yet. Especially to bring in a rookie with very questionable JS.

Reckon he's an easy hold for at least another 2-3 weeks – more upside than downside if you do, IMO.

The spike score isn't coming.

He simply doesn't have the tank.

He looks amazing, but it's all highlight reel IMO.

He can't do 15 points-worthy things in a game. He runs out of juice.

So a ton or even a 90 just isn't on the cards I don't reckon.

I'm giving his gold watch this week

Trades 2024 Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back