Trades 2024 Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

wasnt maginess dropped

This week.

Just to make him hungry for next week, I hope.

As I've already said, if Sam Mitchell doesn't use Maginness to limit Nick Daicos, which he's proven twice he can competently do, then he's a total sausage and doesn't deserve to coach an AFL team. I'm not too worried that it won't happen

okay Nostradamus

Got this weeks Ozlotto numbers?
Don't need to be Nostradamus to predict a spud getting dropped after a loss.

He'll come in for one game then get dropped again. Maybe he stops Daicos again and you guys have used 2 trades to save $50-70k :thumbsu:

And probably missed at least one good rookie doing the outside-the-box move :moustache:

He'll come in for one game then get dropped again. Maybe he stops Daicos again and you guys have used 2 trades to save $50-70k :thumbsu:

And probably missed at least one good rookie doing the outside-the-box move :moustache:

You can look at my team previously posted. Had all the rookies required, didn't need to trade in either.

Net Daicos re-trade will be +120k at a minimum, happy with it. plus another premo playing on Daicos bye which most won't have.

High risk, higher reward

Supprised so many ditching Jordan. Up against eagles this week. Should be decent points on field + cover breakevem
Depends who you are taking him out for. If he scores 100 (maybe) he goes up $25k.

If I trade him to Touk who goes 130, Touk goes up the same amount $$$ but gains +30 points.

If you are downgrading him to say Darcy who will be likely benched, it's probably better to find a different rookie to trade out.

It's such a narrow view mate.

What if we traded Naicos to the rook you mentioned?

The last time I had this argument it was 30-40k (suggested by my opponent). Now it's 50-70k. We're getting steadily closer to the reality.

After we've considered what we traded Nicky to, it's time to consider what we did with the money. I'm grabbing McKay AND Flanders this week.

Then the next question is how we get him back in. I'm hoping Salem gets back on track, but if he doesn't, NickyD is an easy path away from him.

So many ways to play this game. Don't hate the players mate

Depends who you are taking him out for. If he scores 100 (maybe) he goes up $25k.

If I trade him to Touk who goes 130, Touk goes up the same amount $$$ but gains +30 points.

If you are downgrading him to say Darcy who will be likely benched, it's probably better to find a different rookie to trade out.
How about Billings to Darcy and Jordan to McKay then? 100k left ITB. Would that fit?

It's such a narrow view mate.

What if we traded Naicos to the rook you mentioned?

The last time I had this argument it was 30-40k (suggested by my opponent). Now it's 50-70k. We're getting steadily closer to the reality.

After we've considered what we traded Nicky to, it's time to consider what we did with the money. I'm grabbing McKay AND Flanders this week.

Then the next question is how we get him back in. I'm hoping Salem gets back on track, but if he doesn't, NickyD is an easy path away from him.

So many ways to play this game. Don't hate the players mate
I'm not sure how close we are to reality when you're death-riding Little Nicky and I'm cheering him on 🤣

You can look at my team previously posted. Had all the rookies required, didn't need to trade in either.

Net Daicos re-trade will be +120k at a minimum, happy with it. plus another premo playing on Daicos bye which most won't have.

High risk, higher reward
2 trades for $120k, I guess we have enough to burn a few.

Which premo did you trade in for Daicos? The only way to judge this stuff is to clearly define what you're doing, because if said premo goes 80 in round 5 and Howes (or another rookie defender covering Daicos) goes 70 that week it's not that much of a win.

Lots of scope to move the goal posts though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 trades for $120k, I guess we have enough to burn a few.

Which premo did you trade in for Daicos? The only way to judge this stuff is to clearly define what you're doing, because if said premo goes 80 in round 5 and Howes (or another rookie defender covering Daicos) goes 70 that week it's not that much of a win.

Lots of scope to move the goal posts though.

I've brought in Touk this week with the funds and NWM last week. NWM is positive money making and stepping stone likely T. Stewart.

Different strokes for different folks but criticsm of Daicos trade is tiresome and unfair for those that continue to peddle that narrative.

I've brought in Touk this week with the funds and NWM last week. NWM is positive money making and stepping stone likely T. Stewart.

Different strokes for different folks but criticsm of Daicos trade is tiresome and unfair for those that continue to peddle that narrative.
See this is what I'm getting at. You brought in $475k and $575k players after selling Daicos last week? At $650k.

It doesn't add up, there are more parts to the equation. That's why folk argue against trading out Daicos, because it's not really just "I turned Daicos into two premo's"

Stick to your guns by all means, but we're all allowed a different opinion.

There's multiple layers to the Daicos move, impossible to know the result until he's traded back in.

How much cash is made pre/post
How was the cash used
How much does Daicos score vs scoring for the replacement + cash
How does it impact Rd 5 bye cover and scoring
How does it impact trade plans / boosts when needing to get him back in

No point in calling it a win / fail at this stage it's barely started, just a different strategy that may or may not work

See this is what I'm getting at. You brought in $475k and $575k players after selling Daicos last week? At $650k.

It doesn't add up, there are more parts to the equation. That's why folk argue against trading out Daicos, because it's not really just "I turned Daicos into two premo's"

Stick to your guns by all means, but we're all allowed a different opinion.

I split the Naicos cash to turn Billings into Flanders and Reid into McKay mate.

Full disclosure.

I think the eventual NickyD trade-back-in price will take a little more than Salem's price when I ditch him, but it should only take a shittruck rook like Wilson down to a hopefully more promising bottom price rook

Remove this Banner Ad

Back