Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

I would love Adelaide to come out publicly and state that “while we totally respect Luko’s decision to nominate Port, we are willing to include our F1 if anything should change through trade week”.

This would give GC a lot of leverage and at worst force Port to give up a F1, and at best land us Luko.
You want to give up what could very well be a top 5 pick for luko? I don't.

Didn’t realise that, assumed he was Vic as was being linked only to Vic teams

Is the positive link something we will hear about it is it a purely behind the scenes thing that will stay that way?
Cumming's partner, Peatling's partner is the link.

If it got towards the end of the first round and there was somebody we really wanted still on the board I can see us gambling that we will improve and oppo clubs gambling that we won't. We've been very active at live trading in the past.

Most clubs would have our future first as a top 4 pick on their whiteboards. It's worth more than a late first round for example.

Your right we have been active in pick swaps so who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You want to give up what could very well be a top 5 pick for luko? I don't.
Well I would yes, but it wouldn’t be a straight F1. Probably something like F1 for Luko and 20 this year. We could then use that on Dodson or similar.

Look if we were able to secure Lukoscius, Cumming, Peatling, ANB, Draper/Lalor and Dodson then we don’t need any more picks for a long time. That is potentially a premiership list.

We will also get Welsh.

I'm not quite sure we will, seeing it'll require demoting someone to the rookie list to fit him in. At the moment, we're looking at four open list spots on our main list as McHenry, Gollant, Sloane, and Himmelberg are without contract alongside 3 open rookie pick spots(?).

I hope we do find someone who is willing to take that bullet, seeing Welsh looks quite the player.

The AFL mandates that clubs make a minimum 3 ND selections, though rookie upgrades count towards the total.

We have Keane & Borlase as possible upgrades, with Keane the more likely. This would reduce our minimum requirement to 2 selections - pick #4 and Welsh. It would allow us to move a 2nd player from the senior list to the rookie list (via delisting & re-drafting).

I think the mandate is you need three incoming players from any source (trade/draft/FA) and three outgoings. For instance, Collingwood only took two draft picks last year.

I would be surprised if we're upgrading anyone from the rookie list. I would equally be surprised if we're taking a pick past 4 in the ND, outside of maybe covering an F/S bid.

I'm not quite sure we will, seeing it'll require demoting someone to the rookie list to fit him in. At the moment, we're looking at four open list spots on our main list as McHenry, Gollant, Sloane, and Himmelberg are without contract alongside 3 open rookie pick spots(?).

I hope we do find someone who is willing to take that bullet, seeing Welsh looks quite the player.

I think the mandate is you need three incoming players from any source (trade/draft/FA) and three outgoings. For instance, Collingwood only took two draft picks last year.

I would be surprised if we're upgrading anyone from the rookie list. I would equally be surprised if we're taking a pick past 4 in the ND, outside of maybe covering an F/S bid.
Minimum. 3. Picks. DRAFT.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back