Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

With Lukosius, was another factor as simple as Dixon retired and Tex is playing on?

So Port had cap space plus an immediate role in the 22 for him.

How would our forward line look next season if Lukosius played? Would we really structure up with 4 tall forwards? I know we did once this season but surely that was a lesson not to.

Twomey has NFI about clubs or draftees outside of Victoria and the rumour came from Jeffcrowe. Where do you think these journos get most of their rumours from? It's player managers or people connected to them, the same as many rumours that start online.
Twomey gets his rumours from managers and club leaks. He's notorious for how he ferrets out info.

There is no one on BigFooty who is leaking information they get direct from managers. Mostly it's just people making things up.

No disrespect to Jeffcrowe - who is both an excellent poster and a great middle order bat - but I don't think he was claiming that his source was a manager or someone direct.

Definitely one of the sources! The fact Twomey hasn't mentioned the Crows as an interested party in Peatling is a good thing, can fly under the radar. It will probably come out early next week anyway once Trade Radio starts.
He hasn't mentioned it because we're currently not.

Why would Peatling's manager leak some clubs and not us?

So you are ruling out a rumour first seen on Thursday based on a podcast you heard on Wednesday?

Not saying you are right or wrong, just that Gettable isn't exactly Gospel. Especially when it comes to the Crows
Look, I'm hoping it's true. It'd be great if we turned up the heat on Peatling after missing out on Luko.

But a lot of rumours only exist as inventions on BigFooty. When there's widespread media coverage every day on trade rumours - anything I read here I think is just make believe until it gets reported somewhere else.

There's been stacks of coverage on suitors for Peatling and we've been completely unmentioned so far. I hope it changes.

I haven't but I have a feeling at least one will be gone once the trade/draft is over. I have heard both Rowe and Bickley mention further off field changes will occur and that was after the conditioning staff changes.

So not based on anything, just gut feel.
There would have to be a strong chance Hamish goes to Tassie after this draft.

Who has reported on Sloane and Dawson?
Guy on Twitter reported it first, same one that said we were close to getting Montgomery

FWIW I doubt it happens, even if we did have interest there’s a lot of clubs we’d have to beat out, but I think we can take the fact we’re interested at face value

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port are robbing themselves - Now we know why they started the narrative Adelaide offered more.

7 years at $1m per season for a player that kicked 23 goals this year and was dropped

Add Rozee and JHF long term deals, plus Ratugolea on $800k for next for years - no wonder they have no depth.

It will be interesting to see how they retain Butters in two years.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rozee or JHF (when he gets a new contract) wouldn't be on as much as their equivalents interstate. You always pay less to a local.

whately called it horrendous and a list killer... they were just desperate to get one up on us on rankine

I think it was the right move. They desperately need a key forward to go with Georgiadis or they can't improve.

If they draft and then develop a key forward by the time they are any good their midfielders like Rozzee or Butters could be past their best and Alir and Wines retired.

I think it was the right move. They desperately need a key forward to go with Georgiadis or they can't improve.

If they draft and then develop a key forward by the time they are any good their midfielders like Rozzee or Butters could be past their best and Alir and Wines retired.
Lukosios is clearly the missing piece! ;)

Port are robbing themselves - Now we know why they started the narrative Adelaide offered more.

7 years at $1m per season for a player that kicked 23 goals this year and was dropped

Add Rozee and JHF long term deals, plus Ratugolea on $800k for next for years - no wonder they have no depth.

It will be interesting to see how they retain Butters in two years.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dixon gone, Houston likely. Not many others on $. Soldo going

Port desperately need more forward firepower. As much as Luko hasn’t lived up to pick 2 - he can easily be a Fog equivalent as shown last year as the second option kicking 39 goals

Who else are Port going to get to do that? Not many key forwards move - and not many key forwards call SA home

They rightly should be desperate to get him. They don’t need to pay a fortune for a midfielder - they have the best 2 SA mid options in the comp.

Imagine how desperate we will be to get Phillipou if he decides to come back? Ports mids would be stacked for a decade with the best SA talent - as our forward line would be if Luko came to us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There’s no place on this thread for you and your fancy facts.
Yes it's all Nicks. Has absolutely nothing to do with the club changing it's policy on list management and being more flexible with money and years for younger players. Those Soligo and Rachele contracts were just typical every day stuff at Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back