Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

In that scenario, I have no doubt whatsoever they will try and bundle up their remaining picks to get another 1st this year (maybe a later one). Then watch them try their level best to trade up to get in ahead of us for Draper
Can't see Port getting a top 3 pick to get in front of us this year.

I wonder if Freo's first pick is for sale if they want picks next year for Warner? I imagine our F1st would interest them greatly
Likely to be traded to Richmond for a player or 2...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not quite sure we will, seeing it'll require demoting someone to the rookie list to fit him in. At the moment, we're looking at four open list spots on our main list as McHenry, Gollant, Sloane, and Himmelberg are without contract alongside 3 open rookie pick spots(?).

I hope we do find someone who is willing to take that bullet, seeing Welsh looks quite the player.
In my books that highlights how incompetent Reid is

Welsh should have been safeguarded. Yes it helps he has drifted but we still should have a spot for him

That we have to manipulate or beg someone is poor

Powa getting absolutely reamed if they even contemplate that madness. 2 time AA with 2 years on his contract.
Article in the Advertiser today suggesting that the GC demands are based on how much salary they have to cover.

So could be a case of Port needing the Suns to cover a big chunk of those first two years and Suns are demanding a truckload in return for it.

In my books that highlights how incompetent Reid is

Welsh should have been safeguarded. Yes it helps he has drifted but we still should have a spot for him

That we have to manipulate or beg someone is poor
What are you talking about? We still have enough uncontracted players to get Welsh, pick #4, ANB and Cumming - with possibly enough room for another trade/FA target as well.

You're getting all heated up over things which haven't happened yet, and almost certainly won't.

What are you talking about? We still have enough uncontracted players to get Welsh, pick #4, ANB and Cumming - with possibly enough room for another trade/FA target as well.

You're getting all heated up over things which haven't happened yet, and almost certainly won't.
I notice you didnt criticise the post I got the info from

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back