Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

stop worrying about list spots they can work it out easily
I swear Reid cops it more because Ogilvie has missed on his midfield or early picks over the years

Reid knows what he’s doing more than people think on here

Let it play out then people can make their criticisms with the info at hand

Around 20, give or take.

We need a project ruck, and hes the best one in the draft with HUGE scope for improvement. Would be a bit early, but not uncomfortably so.
I must admit, if we did end up with 12 along with 4, if we took Draper at 4 and Travaglia was still there at 12...I'd be calling his name out. 2 top end mids in a strong draft and we should be there and can then start to weed out who we don't want to hold and who will be there for the flag push.

I must admit, if we did end up with 12 along with 4, if we took Draper at 4 and Travaglia was still there at 12...I'd be calling his name out. 2 top end mids in a strong draft and we should be there and can then start to weed out who we don't want to hold and who will be there for the flag push.
Yeah 12 is an awkward spot.

Theres likely to still be some quality on-ballers around and its a touch early for Alex, but given what weve now seen from Strachan, the need for Dodson would be tough to ignore.

I swear Reid cops it more because Ogilvie has missed on his midfield or early picks over the years

agree

Reid has copped a whack for Ogilvie poor draft record - I would also go as far to say Ogilvie is more to blame for our slow rebuild then Nicks

If Ogilvie ends up with pick 4, 12 and 25 in this draft and doesn’t ace it then he needs to be marched out immediately

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Most clubs would have our future first as a top 4 pick on their whiteboards. It's worth more than a late first round for example.

Your right we have been active in pick swaps so who knows.
May I politely enquire whether that’s based on anything intelligent, reported in the media or some form of objective analysis?

Or BF bed-wetting syndrome?

We are 11th favourite to win the flag. Once our fixture is released - almost certainly giving us an easy one after the most difficult 2 years in a row - and we secure 2/3 first 18 players the risk to those odds will only shorten.

What have you got?

What are you talking about? We still have enough uncontracted players to get Welsh, pick #4, ANB and Cumming - with possibly enough room for another trade/FA target as well.

You're getting all heated up over things which haven't happened yet, and almost certainly won't.
Lol, that's like the defining experience of this board.

Smith is contracted. He hit his trigger. Fox are just wrong (standard).
Is the question whether he wants to accept the contract and play on?

Body winding down, likely to be SANFL time potentially for the whole season. Played SANFL this year and that was prior to Isaac Cumming's arrival.

He may prefer to call it a day and ease into a coaching role. He already does this with our women's team and the State U18s so clearly it's a post-career focus for him.

Wasn't Rachele drafted as a potential Midfielder ?

Strange if we are looking to bring in pick 12 when we are struggling for list spots.

Are we trading players out?
Maybe we're trading down from 4?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the 6 spots that are available? I’m trying to get my head around it.
Sloane, Gollant, McHenry, Himmleberg.
Hamill and Parnell from the rookie list and put Smith/Walker there?
Schoenberg?
This has come up a bunch of times.

Elliot Himmelberg, Rory Sloane, Chris Burgess, Lachlan Gollant, Ned McHenry all off the list and one player moved from main list to rookie list. That's six.

And before anyone says anything - the Advertiser reported twice that Burgess was amongst the players that didn't get a confirmation for next year at their exit interview.

agree

Reid has copped a whack for Ogilvie poor draft record - I would also go as far to say Ogilvie is more to blame for our slow rebuild then Nicks

If Ogilvie ends up with pick 4, 12 and 25 in this draft and doesn’t ace it then he needs to be marched out immediately

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We arent going to end up with those 3 picks

Forward / mid . Still a possibility

Forward half smalls win grand finals and games in general
I have a gut feel, 2025 could be a breakout year for Rachele ...IMO the jolt he got, will get him really knuckling down and adding hard work to his talent

At the start of the year he was on the fringes of best 22 ....24 YO, with 45 games to his name

His 2nd half of the year allows him to get a 4-year Contract at probably twice his 2024 value ......he's gotta grab the opportunity now for his own good
I just visited the GWS board. They can't believe the alleged offers of 850K for a non-elite, solid role-player Perryman, and wish him well. They think they will get end of first-round compo for him, and end of second round for Cumming.

They like Peatling but regard his disposal as suspect. They would expect to receive a third-rounder for him!
Also happy to let him go.

Travaglia is around that mark.

Otherwise I'd consider swapping picks with North. 2 + 22 for 4 + 12. Take the kid you really want at 2, Dodson at 22.
The more I think on it, the more I would just love a Draper / Lalor and then a Travaglia coming in. Imagine the points of difference added to our midfield with the players we already have. Travaglia has been mentioned as similar to Will Day and if that was in any way true, then YES PLEASE,

Although it might all be a mute point even if we got 12 should Carlton and Port deal for pick 11 - you just bet they would call his name out if he happened to be on the board still.

I just visited the GWS board. They can't believe the alleged offers of 850K for a non-elite, solid role-player Perryman, and wish him well. They think they will get end of first-round compo for him, and end of second round for Cumming.

They like Peatling but regard his disposal as suspect. They would expect to receive a third-rounder for him!
Also happy to let him go.
Peatling would be a $300K a year player .....Murphy level

$600K-$650K would be the correct Contract .....IMO the length of Contract will be of more importance to him

The more I think on it, the more I would just love a Draper / Lalor and then a Travaglia coming in. Imagine the points of difference added to our midfield with the players we already have. Travaglia has been mentioned as similar to Will Day and if that was in any way true, then YES PLEASE,

Although it might all be a mute point even if we got 12 should Carlton and Port deal for pick 11 - you just bet they would call his name out if he happened to be on the board still.
So you're happy to overlook Dodson ? .....then complain we haven't drafted a RUCK

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back