Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Last edited:
Yep Cook is a longshot to make it , been overrated around these parts

But we do love his skills by foot and speed

Crunch season next season, we could do with those traits , needs to turn into a man

Yep one more year , 🤞
Has “time”, good decision making and footy smarts and definitely great kicking skills but speed?!

Agree unlikely to make it and overrated. Needs step change improvement in 2025.

Has “time”, good decision making and footy smarts and definitely great kicking skills but speed?!

Agree unlikely to make it and overrated. Needs step change improvement in 2025.
Both Cook and Pedlar need to have the preseason of their lives.

Gees I know only highlights but a lot to like, speed, hits the contest hard, clean hands, decent kick, kicks goals and good decision making.

He’s a no brainer target if we are a chance and would give our team a big point of difference.

Big get for the club if we can nab him to compliment Cumming and ANB, plus we would have a number of existing players who would be very very nervous.
One of the main advantages

Getting these 3 blokes in instantly creates a real fight for spots and SHOULD make our other players very hungry if they want to have an afl career

Wouldn’t rule us out re Clarry. Called it a week ago. Our pick 4 is available per reports from July.

DISCLAIMER: No inside info. Just conjecture.

Trade week craziness. Let’s roll.

View attachment 2127482

Trading away a 15year potential star mid for a 4 year max player would be peak Adelaide.

I am praying we hold firm with a future first rounder. But this does actually explain the reasoning behind targeting gold coasts pick 12. We obviously think the mid we want can be a slider. based on the rankings and think we can get both. I have a better idea. Forget Clarry, spend 4 on a cream of the crop talent that will service the club for the next 15 years, trade our future first for pick 12 and get that player too.

This just has one of those 'sliding door moments' smell all over it where like Ken McGregor and Pavlich we will forever be asking WTF.

Hopefully im completely wrong and we have every intention of going all in on Pick 4 in an insanely strong draft year.

Said last post-season that if Dees are happy for him to go we don’t want to touch him. Biggest risk in the clubs trading history. I wouldn’t touch him after that season and his 1m x 6 left

And there you go…Cats wanting him. Plus B Smith

Such a joke
Im confused. You say he isnt worth it and will cause issues but once Geelong start sniffing you throw a fit

He is either going to help them or not

You should have said '' thank god Geelong want him they can have him''

And then I would point to Stengle

I honestly think you should have a crack at him.

The worst is now behind him (personal and injury wise) and seems to want to prove a few doubters wrong.

For the record I dont want him to leave but Adelaide would be a great fit.
I think most of us were happy with him as the ICE-ing on the cake of a rush at the 8 this year and further into the 4 in 25

But I think we (posters) all see some major stumbling blocks (Nicks) but the club may still think he is worth it

I would not have a crack at the club for still pursuing him.

Rowey said Sloane will be talking to the club about a possible role here before taking up the Melbourne position.
Me outside his house for the drive to the airport

get-in-the-car-come-on.gif

Makes me laugh about the carry on about sloane have a coaching job of some sort .I guess if you were in charge a guy like wc new coach would never of got a job because he was a spud ?

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Neither would Nicks

Sloane family are very happy in SA and their best mate/family live here too. Why not see if there’s something on offer from the club you’ve given almost half your life to?
I understand this but it smells a bit like '' you owe me '' - well not really . I'm not a fan of employing someone just because they ''spent half their life here' I mean I see this as our biggest weakness that we cultivate this culture of tenure

My concern is we will pay him a motza to decide if he wants to coach or not. I cant see him take $80k to be someone who moves the cones and encourages players on game day.

If he really wants to coach then good luck but go balls in and do the required courses and find a club willing to take you on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t rule us out re Clarry. Called it a week ago. Our pick 4 is available per reports from July.

DISCLAIMER: No inside info. Just conjecture.

Trade week craziness. Let’s roll.

View attachment 2127482
With his contract you don’t need to spend pick 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back