Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Last edited:
Very hard to get a consensus on anything here especially a player
I take an interest but don’t watch enough junior football to have any strong opinions. I appreciate the views of those who do like Bicks.

It surprises me how some posters can hold such strong views on these kids when they clearly don’t even watch many AFL games besides ours. Evidenced by some of the comments on ANB and Peatling.

Last edited:

We need to get Fog signed. He should get plenty of interest. Of the others

Matt Crouch - Never had much interest from other clubs and happy for him to go.

Darcy Fogarty - Keep

Wayne Milera - I wouldn't offer much but we need to see how this year plays out. I don't think there will be much interest from other clubs. My guess is he is on decent money as his last contract came up at the right time.

Lachie Murphy - lol, his agent will start a rumour that there is some interest.

Reilly O'Brien - I presume he will move and we will need a replacement. I don't mind ROB but think we might have been better to move him on now and get some picks.

Brodie Smith - Will retire

Taylor Walker - will retire

This is the EXACT thing we need.

Someone to overlook the football department, make strategic decisions and stop us doing stupid things.

Would make it our best offseason in a long time.

Yeah, history shows that this is completely untrue.

Hawthorn started with Buddy and Roughhead. Richmond made sure they had Rance and Reiwoldt, Carlton Weitering, McKay and Curnow.

Melbourne? Started with Tom Scully and Jack Trengove, then had to start their rebuild again.

Talls are MUCH harder to get than mids and take longer.

Clubs want fortunes if you trade for a tall. It was a ridiculously bad decision for North to constantly draft mids, especially considering how many have become players like Will Phillips.
I think you’re forgetting that Hawthorn took Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis at the same time, and Richmond drafted Dusty, Cochin and Deledio all high at the same time. I said that North got the balance wrong, but terrible picks are terrible picks. Will Phillips, Trengove, Scully, Chayce Jones and Gallucci set their clubs back because they were bad selections, not because they were midfielders.

For me, Crouch still belongs in the best 22 as our inside mid, however Laird should be playing SANFL.

Surround Crouch with some speed and good ball users and his game will look elite. Laird on the other hand, will ignore the players around him to get his 20 hack kicks a week.

Also, I think we move on from Rory. From the outside, his leadership was not fantastic and seemed to be part of the problem with where the Club is currently.
Agree - problem is how do you move on from Laird when he’s one of the highest paid at the club? Need to cut our losses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back