Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Last edited:
Oliver! Phillipou!

Anything below that level of player gets me a big meh
Caleb Daniel 🤣.

I think that we may well have seen the best of Clarry, I’m not convinced. The trade period, which hasn’t even started yet btw, always throws up some surprises.

Hopefully someone who fits our needs.

Yup...

Put him in the Dustin Martin basket. Too much off field drama. Not worth - lets grow organically under Nicks.

Look at how well we have done! 18th - 15th - 14th - 10th - 15th... We could even end up 9th next year if we don't rock the boat with bad eggs like Oliver.

Compared to Port in the same timeframe:

Aliir
Finlayson
JHF
Rioli
F.Evans
Ratugolea
Soldo
Sweet
BZT
Luko

JHF is the big one there. The best junior SA has produced in the last 20 years.
So our recruits, assuming they all come through, are 5 best 22 players, and 2 of those are our best 2 players that I would class elite (Dawson and Rankine obviously).

Port have added 8 current best 22 players, with 2 elite players (JHF and Alliir). Finlayson and Soldo are not best 22, and I'd argue BZT, Rat and F.Evans are the worst 3 of the combined clubs ins.

Meh, not a huge difference

As mentioned in the Luko thread, imo if/when we become more successful, it will be a lot easier to attract more players. It's hard to attract players when you are losing

Apparently Port have tabled a contract offer to keep Boak on the list for another year... after the prelim final last week, surely they're not that dumb?

Yup...

Put him in the Dustin Martin basket. Too much off field drama. Not worth - lets grow organically under Nicks.

Look at how well we have done! 18th - 15th - 14th - 10th - 15th... We could even end up 9th next year if we don't rock the boat with bad eggs like Oliver.
So you're suggesting we should chase Oliver who is absolutely damaged goods with no guarantees he'll ever get back into his AA form not to mention the salary we'd have to pay up. You do realise Melbourne wouldn't take less than our pick 4 possibly more?

Pass.

Yup...

I agree, if we could get Oliver for a price that isn't pick 4, let's do it. Back ourselves in to clean him up. If he gets back to his previous form it would be huge

So you're suggesting we should chase Oliver who is absolutely damaged goods with no guarantees he'll ever get back into his AA form not to mention the salary we'd have to pay up. You do realise Melbourne wouldn't take less than our pick 4 possibly more?

Pass.
If they want pick 4 they can pay him to be potentially average in their team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back