Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Last edited:
You’re the gift that keeps on giving. Bravo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So let’s reasses tonight’s events shall we.

I make a well known statement that Nicks changed our game plan and instead of taking ownership he blamed the players.

You jump in and ask for proof and tell me to shove it.

You have been provided proof by 2 posters.

Instead of admitting your error you’ve gone into full knobhead mode and you reckon you’re the one who should be take the moral high ground?

As I asked, is it a full moon?

I'm guessing if Dew is willing to move back to Adelaide, it makes sense to sit down to the Power and see what they have to offer.

If Jenny is expecting an announcement this week, a Tuesday Powe meeting seems unusual timing.

There can only be one conclusion, it's actually Fagan who we are getting.

So let’s reasses tonight’s events shall we.

I make a well known statement that Nicks changed our game plan and instead of taking ownership he blamed the players.

You jump in and ask for proof and tell me to shove it.

You have been provided proof by 2 posters.

Instead of admitting your error you’ve gone into full knobhead mode and you reckon you’re the one who should be take the moral high ground?

As I asked, is it a full moon?

Well known by who?

What the proof he changed the game plan?

Why is "they played badly" so unimaginable, considering they didn't play very well?

It seemed like Nicks wanted mature bodies around the ball (Soligo was a bit undercooked), but that doesn't seem to contradict the gameplan they'd been running with, that was focused on pressure-forced turnovers leading to quick deep forward entries.

It just didn't work.

But often that's true when you lose - what you were trying to do isn't successful.

If we are looking to bring in wright, dew, montgomery, or anyone else we must be sacking some guys surely?

Of all these to me Wright is the only one that matters. He can cleanout the rest of the deadwood

I'm guessing if Dew is willing to move back to Adelaide, it makes sense to sit down to the Power and see what they have to offer.

If Jenny is expecting an announcement this week, a Tuesday Powe meeting seems unusual timing.

I’m not sure

Port are pitching an Assist role, Dew will be chasing a Snr Asst role

Unless Hinkley decides to quit and Josh Carr gets elevated, I’m not sure Dew will move for an Asst role and pay

This is why he didn’t take the crows offer last year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We already had him as CEO once... which was enough. ;)

If we are looking to bring in wright, dew, montgomery, or anyone else we must be sacking some guys surely?

Of all these to me Wright is the only one that matters. He can cleanout the rest of the deadwood
We don't believe in sacking people not up to their jobs, we just restructure & create new roles for them...

I have noticed Jenny has strategically never responded yes or no when asked about Dew (unless I missed it).

But specifically mentioned it wasn't Montgomery or Borlace. If it's Dew, would be a great get.

C2C, this is really difficult to say. We've really appreciated your work here, we just think it's time to make a change and bring in some fresh ideas.

I really didn't want to you to find out like this. We wish you the best, please leave your pass at reception on the way out.

I have noticed Jenny has strategically never responded yes or no when asked about Dew (unless I missed it).

But specifically mentioned it wasn't Montgomery or Borlace. If it's Dew, would be a great get.
If we’re going to fit dew in the box, 2 are going to have to go out, who would they be?

I’m not sure

Port are pitching an Assist role, Dew will be chasing a Snr Asst role

Unless Hinkley decides to quit and Josh Carr gets elevated, I’m not sure Dew will move for an Asst role and pay

This is why he didn’t take the crows offer last year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not a lot of roles at AFL level and if he wants to stay involved he may have to accept assistant coaching roles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well known by who?

Why is "they played badly" so unimaginable, considering they didn't play very well?

It seemed like Nicks wanted mature bodies around the ball (Soligo was a bit undercooked), but that doesn't seem to contradict the gameplan they'd been running with, that was focused on pressure-forced turnovers leading to quick deep forward entries.

It just didn't work.

But often that's true when you lose - what you were trying to do isn't successful.
FFS... anyone who is a half decent judge of football knows we clearly changed the game plan.

Don't treat us like fools.

Well known by who?

It just didn't work.

My god man, what lengths will you go to.

I know you don’t live here so I’ll give you a tiny bit of slack, 5aa interviewed Burns during the preseason and said the focus of the preseason had been defence. 5aa talked about it repeatedly during the preseason and beginning of the season.

Now you might just dismiss it, but go back and look at the replays of our game and count how many times we played on and took the game on, here’s the answer we didn’t. We stopped, went back behind the mark and looked for a player and then eventually we bombed it when we ran out of options. It was all designed not to get exposed on the turnover. If you can’t understand this basic change in game plan and the implications perhaps you should follow soccer.

Further, again, I dont expect you to believe me, but I did talk to a Crows official at the Crows v North Adelaide SANFL game after we beat North Melbourne in Tassie. We actually had a decent chat and I challenged him why they changed our gameplan and his response “because we couldn’t defend it”. I provided an account of my conversation in a private PM at the time.

Now I know I can be many things, funny, annoying, sexy, a shithead, but I’m pretty sure not many would think I’m a liar given I’ve shown no evidence of being a liar. Plus to back it up we’ve got the changed game plan, coaches and media observers commenting on the change.

I know you don’t live here so I’ll give you a tiny bit of slack, 5aa interviewed Burns during the preseason and said the focus of the preseason had been defence. 5aa talked about it repeatedly during the preseason and beginning of the season.

Now you might just dismiss it, but go back and look at the replays of our game and count how many times we played on and took the game on, here’s the answer we didn’t. We stopped, went back behind the mark and looked for a player and then eventually we bombed it when we ran out of options. It was all designed not to get exposed on the turnover. If you can’t understand this basic change in game plan and the implications perhaps you should follow soccer.

Further, again, I dont expect you to believe me, but I did talk to a Crows official at the Crows v North Adelaide SANFL game after we beat North Melbourne in Tassie. We actually had a decent chat and I challenged him why they changed our gameplan and his response “because we couldn’t defend it”. I provided an account of my conversation in a private PM at the time.

Now I know I can be many things, funny, annoying, sexy, a shithead, but I’m pretty sure not many would think I’m a liar given I’ve shown no evidence of being a liar. Plus to back it up we’ve got the changed game plan, coaches and media observers commenting on the change.
Sexy?

Not the 1st word which would come to mind the time we met at the airport lol...

FFS... anyone who is a half decent judge of football knows we clearly changed the game plan.

Don't treat us like fools.

I agree. A troll turns up, says a few stupid things, gets the board riled up disappears than the pro nicks crew come on to argue the insane. I dont get why this even has to be a discussion. It was discussed at length by 3 qtrs of the posters on Adelaide bigfooty for months, at length. Never once was it even questioned by anyone really. Only now its questioned? for what purpose. Its going to literally prove nothing. As the moron whose our coach will change it again over summer and probably try again with that game plan.

I agree. A troll turns up, says a few stupid things, gets the board riled up disappears than the pro nicks crew come on to argue the insane. I dont get why this even has to be a discussion. It was discussed at length by 3 qtrs of the posters on Adelaide bigfooty for months, at length. Never once was it even questioned by anyone really. Only now its questioned? for what purpose. Its going to literally prove nothing. As the moron whose our coach will change it again over summer and probably try again with that game plan.
Where' Wayne?

100% this. We changed the game plan up to a counter attacking team defense game plan to nullify the oppositions attack. Our whole game plane was designed to simply stop the other team scoring....at all. Nicks I believe was willing to keep us to 10 goals a game if he could keep the opposition to 5. It was straight out of the paul roos boring the AFL world to death circa 2004 and 2005 play book.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back