Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Last edited:
Players like Rachelle draw strength from emotion and undoubtably play better when they are riding that wave. Momentum of the whole team can also definately shift through that process as well. Shane Warne in the 1999 World Cup semi and the amazing Adelaide test are prime examples. Not only Warnie started believing we could win but the whole team bought in, and conversely South Africa and England started to believe it too.

It’s a complex issue that could be debated for ever, but anyone saying players like that don’t affect the results of games is not being honest. On one hand we bemoan the “Crowbot” philosophy that Neil Craig brought in but then we try and control anyone that brings in a more of an emotion based style.

Not all of us bemoan the Neil days, some value it higher than the Blight premierships.

Imagine thinking Milera's presence is the difference between success and failure. God we have some delusional supporters.
And you're failing to understand the importance of the HB general in todays game

Rioli chased ....Houston chased ....Zorko to HBF

And a big factor in our chase for Cumming .....it's more the position, but Milera in 2023 was getting back to his best ....and his best is elite

And you're failing to understand the importance of the HB general in todays game

And a big factor in our chase for Cumming .....it's more the position, but Milera in 2023 was getting back to his best ....and his best is elite
At his best ELITE.

Last edited:

Esp we struggled with long kicks down the line. Need 2 users who can take the inside 45 kick and take risk.

Used to be Smith for is... now need mileria and cumming to stand up

Not sure I’d agree he was ever elite, but he’s had some very solid years for us

I really worry if one more knee injury ends up being one too many, though - one of, if not his best trait has been his agility in traffic

I think he’ll start in the SANFL either way to ramp up his match conditioning. It’d be nice for him to get back to his best, but I’m not expecting a whole lot

Regardless of how his career pans out can’t fairly consider Milera one of Hamish’s misses. Showed so much in that 16-18’ period and just got injury after injury that directly impacted his best attributes. Doedee too. I was so bullish on the two of them in 2018, can’t fault Hamish for how their careers panned out.

Regardless of how his career pans out can’t fairly consider Milera one of Hamish’s misses. Showed so much in that 16-18’ period and just got injury after injury that directly impacted his best attributes. Doedee too. I was so bullish on the two of them in 2018, can’t fault Hamish for how their careers panned out.
At his best touches of McLeod. I like Doedee as well. Both good picks .

Esp we struggled with long kicks down the line. Need 2 users who can take the inside 45 kick and take risk.

Used to be Smith for is... now need mileria and cumming to stand up
Milera has the ability to draw multiple players ....thus freeing teammate's up, on the outside .....Rankine the same

I take it you didn't watch him in the 2nd half of last season???

Yeh, I did. He's great in traffic, but he's no line breaking half back. He is very precise by foot, but he rarely expands his vision and selects targets beyond 30m. It's a shame because he has had the speed that affords him the time to do that. He just doesn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh, I did. He's great in traffic, but he's no line breaking half back. He is very precise by foot, but he rarely expands his vision and selects targets beyond 30m. It's a shame because he has had the speed that affords him the time to do that. He just doesn't.
might be 100% next year as he knows its now or never

I don’t think he was getting back to his best.

Thought he had been a bit lazy with his kicking and decision making, and wasn’t winning that much of the ball.

Last edited:

And the chances of getting back to that are what?

Coming up for his 10th season of AFL and has played 99 games, unrestricted free agent then.

Did he play that many games? Dam, should have checked, makes rabidcrows point even more ridiculous[/]

Well if want to look at stats and impact

Smith missed the North game through injury and came back as the sub the filling week against Port

The 3 games - that both. Nank and Smith played leading into the North game

Smith 1529 metres gained with 68 touches( Ave 22.5)
Nank 490 metres gained with 52 touches (Ave 9.4)

It’s like comparing Dawson and Crouch

And to suggest Smith wasn’t more critical to Nank in that quick deep movement from half back. I am not sure what to say!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back