Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Last edited:
Hope he makes it as his got some attributes few on the team have and the kicks to advantage of our forwards are fantastic. The issue always seems to be finding a spot on the field for him.

The Carlton and Eagles negotiation about pick 3 is real (were seen having a chat at the SA Combine today), had it confirmed. Carlton offering picks 12, 14 and F1 for pick 3, they desperately want FOS. Would certainly make it very likely that Draper is available at pick 4 if the Eagles don't have pick 3.

The Carlton and Eagles negotiation about pick 3 is real (were seen having a chat at the SA Combine today), had it confirmed. Carlton offering picks 12, 14 and F1 for pick 3, they desperately want FOS. Would certainly make it very likely that Draper is available at pick 4 if the Eagles don't have pick 3.

They traded their F1 yesterday.

Remind us again how they got pick 14?

Blues not having their F1 anymore aside…

The only way I can see this going down is if Owies can somehow get the Blues a 2nd, and Essendon gets involved

WCE in: 9, 14
WCE out: 3

Carl in: 3
Carl out: 12, 14, Owies

Ess in: 12, 2nd
Ess out: 9
(Ess use the extra second for Kako, and trades 12 into the future for a F1)

4th team in: Owies
4th team out: 2nd

Then again, Carlton still make out like bandits in this. I really don’t know if WCE would be happy with (effectively) Allan and Baker for Draper

Blues not having their F1 anymore aside…

The only way I can see this going down is if Owies can somehow get the Blues a 2nd, and Essendon gets involved

WCE in: 9, 14
WCE out: 3

Carl in: 3
Carl out: 12, 14, Owies

Ess in: 12, 2nd
Ess out: 9
(Ess use the extra second for Kako, and trades 12 into the future for a F1)

4th team in: Owies
4th team out: 2nd
Even with Owies I don't think 9 and 14 gets you 3 in this draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. I would have thought West Coast need more top end talent and pick 12 and 14 seem to start drifting away from that. But then I read Carlton wanted pick 14 for Houston. So if they trade them all away, the Houston trade is dead in the water for Carlton. That leads me to suspect that this pick 3 trade isnt a thing.

Smith …. 50m kick straight to opposition’s loose defender …. who is often 20m on his own.

If the ageing Laird now stat pads with junk kicks and handballs, the ageing Smith stat pads with long kicks to disadvantage.

Back in 2017 Smith was great in kicking long, often diagonally to the advantage of players spreading when we won the ball. He was missed big time in the GF.

Well week 1 didnt really provide a lot of excitement. A lot of the name trades have yet to happen. Leads me to suspect the rumours around the huge multi club playstationn style trade is a bust. It seems clubs are chasing steak knife picks to help get deals over the line and thats whats holding up all the trades.

So I think there are going to be no surprises as far as players go for the rest of trade period. Next few days will probably see lots of draft pick swaps though.

Sweet deal if Carlton actually had their first next year

Who confirmed it? The voices in your head?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back