Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Last edited:
I find the Houston trade situation bizarre

Port are desperate to get into this year’s first round draft, and Houston wants to get home - however Houston hasn’t nominated a club.

The destination club wants the departing player to nominate a club - this forces a direct negotiation between two clubs.

Until now - we’ve never seen a player not nominating a club.

The risk in Houston not nominating a club is that it will create a bidding war between in this case three clubs - sounds good in provincials however what could eventuate is clubs will pull out of the race and no deal gets done at all.

Interesting to see where this lands from here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Paid unders for a contracted jhf and want back in the 1st round. Just a very entitled club.

Blues not having their F1 anymore aside…

The only way I can see this going down is if Owies can somehow get the Blues a 2nd, and Essendon gets involved

WCE in: 9, 14
WCE out: 3

Carl in: 3
Carl out: 12, 14, Owies

Ess in: 12, 2nd
Ess out: 9
(Ess use the extra second for Kako, and trades 12 into the future for a F1)

4th team in: Owies
4th team out: 2nd

Then again, Carlton still make out like bandits in this. I really don’t know if WCE would be happy with (effectively) Allan and Baker for Draper
#12, #14 & Owies doesn't get pick #3.

You asked if I agreed about Nank sub. The 3 weeks leading up to Smiths missed game against North - the week before Port, Smith was much more important than Nank
Yes I quoted metres gained and you claim a chunk of his touches were kick outs - and yes 2 of the games he took 4 kick outs and the Carlton game he took none
Also had 21 contested possies to Nanks 12 in those 3 weeks
I think full credit to Nicks for starting Nank in front of Smith. And so fair enough for making that change. Smith broke up several attacks from Port in the last quarter as well (not everything is a stat)
But getting back to my point - Nank is a long way from being a half back in a good side. Not a very penetrating kick or run with the ball player. So it is under stable - Milera does break lines even if he doesn’t bounce that often, that Smith would still be in the mix in the team with Nank

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
There’s been 2 discussions, the one re Milera was you using his absence and Smiths poor form as to why we struggled in the first 4 weeks and not due to Nicks going defensive. As it turns out Milera played 3 games and you’re talking up Smiths form, so that excuse is debunked.

Second was Nanks and Smiths form and why Nank shouldn’t have been dropped for an awful Smith. You’re looking at stats and yet one hand you’re saying (not everything is a stat) hmm, seems contradictory. What we do know is Smith made some absolute howlers in the first 2 weeks, so much so he had to apologise to his teammates and fronted the media.

Now Nank may not provide the run of Smith, but if Smith is butchering the ball what’s the point of his disposals? Now Nank against Port had 16 disposals at 93% disposal efficiency in the heat of a showdown. A showdown we won by 30 points. Now how many times has Nicks said he rewards the team for their performance as an excuse for no changes? Except it seems to return an out of form senior player.

Now you want to give Nicks credit for playing Nank whose form warranted keeping his spot in the 15th ranked team. So how about Nicks playing an out of form Smith to reach his trigger and then drop him, hampering our list? Remember Smiths form when dropped was no worse than when he returned for Nank.

There was an account it was the younger players who wanted to drive tighter standards at the club, so I'm not ruling out that it was them.

Then Laird was just the unlucky one who had to do the presser that day and answer the questions.

But you make up whatever fantasy you want.

It wasn’t a presser at all, it was his regular weekly spot on SEN.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warner is a complete FIGJAM tosser every week and no one says a thing from their leadership. Hawthorn let Ginnivan and the Wiz express themselves however they liked and they had a great season.

The bottom line with your comments are that Rach said what he did with a big smile, which means it’s a joke, it’s comedy, and there is absolutely nothing you can’t joke about. If you relate comedy to real world like drug addiction then you will end up with no free speech left in the world at all.

And Carlton supporters and players have joked about Collingwood supporters being toothless bogans for ever, did you ever watch the footy show?

Isn’t it the same when we say most Port supporters are on welfare or their fathers (if they know who they are) are in jail?

Seriously, people need to toughen up, society has got so soft nowadays. We need to think of their feelings? Hmmmm.

Isn’t it the same when we say most Port supporters are on welfare or their fathers (if they know who they are) are in jail?

Seriously, people need to toughen up, society has got so soft nowadays. We need to think of their feelings? Hmmmm.
Rachel's acts nor his comments around the showdown fired up Port players. The media tried to blow up the outrage but even port players tried not to laugh about it. Should never have been suspended.

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sweet deal if Carlton actually had their first next year

Who confirmed it? The voices in your head?
Is this not a rumour thread? I’ve mentioned where I get my info from many times. This was wrong, just relayed what I was told and I didn’t fact check it. What’s your contributions to this thread been other than snide remarks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back