Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Last edited:
If he does stay, he will then request a trade again next year and they will get offered even less than this year in a weaker draft.

This really hasn't gone the way Port thought it would.

Still time for something to get done this year. Kangaroo's are still a chance with the huge money they are offering.

I agree he will be worth a bit less next year especially if he doesn't have another AA year.

Still time for something to get done this year. Kangaroo's are still a chance with the huge money they are offering.

I agree he will be worth a bit less next year especially if he doesn't have another AA year.
I'm sure Port are doing their best to try and convince him to pick the Kangaroos. I agree that there is still a chance that does happen, especially if he is desperate to get back to Melbourne now.

Is this not a rumour thread? I’ve mentioned where I get my info from many times. This was wrong, just relayed what I was told and I didn’t fact check it. What’s your contributions to this thread been other than snide
Yes this is a rumour thread. My contribution is responding to people that make stuff up which I’m allowed to do. Maybe do a bit of research before throwing out a “confirmed” rumour 👍

I find the Houston trade situation bizarre

Port are desperate to get into this year’s first round draft, and Houston wants to get home - however Houston hasn’t nominated a club.

The destination club wants the departing player to nominate a club - this forces a direct negotiation between two clubs.

Until now - we’ve never seen a player not nominating a club.

The risk in Houston not nominating a club is that it will create a bidding war between in this case three clubs - sounds good in provincials however what could eventuate is clubs will pull out of the race and no deal gets done at all.

Interesting to see where this lands from here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think you’re right here

The theory has been if a player doesn’t nominate a club, they create a bidding war.

But instead you seem to have 3 clubs who want him but because there’s a 66% chance he doesn’t pick them, they aren’t bothering to commit to their best offer

Because let’s be honest. He isn’t going to North.

Carlton can smell the bullshit. Collingwood starting to as well.

It wasn’t a presser at all, it was his regular weekly spot on SEN.
That supports my argument more doesn't it? It wasn't that Laird went out of his way to be a prick to Rachele, he was just one person who had a media gig, a regular, routine one, just after the news about the reprimand for Rachele got out. So they asked him about it and he answered.

That supports my argument more doesn't it? It wasn't that Laird went out of his way to be a prick to Rachele, he was just one person who had a media gig, a regular, routine one, just after the news about the reprimand for Rachele got out. So they asked him about it and he answered.
So that’s worse, a senior regular media performer couldn’t speak without throwing Rachelle under the bus.

Yes this is a rumour thread. My contribution is responding to people that make stuff up which I’m allowed to do. Maybe do a bit of research before throwing out a “confirmed” rumour 👍
Did you do any 'fact checking' yourself before throwing an accusation towards someone that they made something up?

I didn't make it up and as I said have posted many times where I get my info from, I just relayed what I was told by a usually reliable source who was at the SA Combine. I've apologised for not fact checking.

Did you do any 'fact checking' yourself before throwing an accusation towards someone that they made something up?

I didn't make it up and as I said have posted many times where I get my info from, I just relayed what I was told by a usually reliable source who was at the SA Combine. I've apologised for not fact checking.

No need to explain yourself, this is the whole point of the thread! Keep it up!

Blokes just living some sad life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back