Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 23, last 22nd August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 26 15.9%
  • No

Votes: 138 84.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just have a bad feeling that Neil Balme will end up at Port next year considering Hinkley likely gone end of season and maybe other personnel changes. His interview yesterday with Blight and Wildy he really praised them. Yes his Tigers are playing them this week but 0 questions put to him on the Crows. Lets hope its not the case, but if Port get him then the walls of the Adelaide Football Club need to be torn down.
Wouldn’t there be the whole port Norwood hate there still?

The more they pay, the higher the draft pick. Push and pull there.

Every time I see these huge long term deals that are becoming the norm, I think back to Mark Mecuri. One of the best players in the game when he signed that - at the time unheard of - 5 year deal. Could barely get a kick halfway through it and retired after 5 years out of the side. No 'personal' issues, his football just fell away. It happens. Think we'll start to see more of that, clubs getting hamstrung with some of the long term deals going bad.

It might mean you run 1 short on your list and instead of carrying a depth player like a McHenry on say $400k , you have an extra Rookie on $200k and use the saving to fund Oliver. If you interviewed him and thought the passion was still there and could be reignited with a change you would be crazy not too

Reality for us is - we are highly unlikely to get a FA of Oliver quality in the next 5 years. Maybe one of the St Kilda boys but take of LDU or Callaghan are just fanciful

If you were getting Oliver with a pick attached! Gee whiz wow wee!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No question. It’s a punt - but could push you over the edge, and you could pay it down by risking a couple of depth players

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
There's talk Melbourne are interested in Keane so it may be a little more simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paying $5 million to Perryman is what a club does that wanted to pay $7-8 million for a gun midfielder but no one was interested

So your suggestion, given that as you know, we've tried to land some big fish midfielders and not been successful, is to do what? Do nothing instead? Stamp our feet? Fold?

I don’t mind going after Perryman. A guy who would probably play midfield in most other teams, but can’t get a crack in GWS’ which is stacked with top 10 picks.

No good reason why he shouldt be playing midfield already, Coniglio and Kelly have been injured for a chunk of the season and Perryman hasn't got a look.

So your suggestion, given that as you know, we've tried to land some big fish midfielders and not been successful, is to do what? Do nothing instead? Stamp our feet? Fold?

To be honest I'd be leaning towards doing nothing at that price.

Not sure who Perryman would replace in our side. He's played as like a 7th midfielder and back pocket at GWS. Sometimes wing?

Is it worth spending $5 million to replace a Dowling type?

We can say he'd replace Laird I guess but let's be honest...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 23, last 22nd August)

Back