Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 33 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Saying on Fox Footy just now Port will want 2 x First rounders for Dan Houston...

Wowee... The playstation silly season is coming early this year....

But let’s say you’re Melbourne, you’re not really as interested in the draft as much as you are with getting quality into your team whilst your window is open.. give Pick 9 and a 2nd for Houston, they won’t blink at that..

Keeps Melbournes window open and improves them

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

But let’s say you’re Melbourne, you’re not really as interested in the draft as much as you are with getting quality into your team whilst your window is open.. give Pick 9 and a 2nd for Houston, they won’t blink at that..

I think alot will depend on what happens with the Dee's senior and key role players over the offseason ...

Can Gawn go around again at AA level next year onwards
Will Petracca return even close to his best next year onwards
Salem constantly injury prone
Will Oliver still be there or ask for a trade
Still have no real genuine back up ruck
Can they find/recruit another genuine KPF
Steven May will be 33 going into next season

They have issues galore - Paying 2 first rounds or even a first and second rounder for Dan Houston Isn't keeping them in a 'window' IMO...

Last edited:

Window open? A majority of their posters are talking about rebuild before the TAS team is in the competition and want to trade Oliver.

Melbourne might look to trade down to ge 2 back ended 1sts for their pick 9. Then offer those to Port for Houston and a 2nd rounder..so port might get picks 16 & 19 for him say. No way on gods earth they get a good top 10 pick unless there is something serious coming back to the Dees in addition to Houston in that scenario

Edit..thinking about it, its far more likely if the Dees traded down, 1 of those 1sts would be on the table with a 2nd rounder of some description - no more. Then the Dees could still grab a 1st round player themselves with the other 1st garnered from a trade down

Last edited:
Saying on Fox Footy just now Port will want 2 x First rounders for Dan Houston...

Wowee... The playstation silly season is coming early this year....

From what I can tell Port are the ones who are shopping him around.

He only just recently signed until 2027 so there's no reason at all why his name would being floated unless Port were keen to move him on.

I'll maintain that he's only worth a pick in the late teens at most especially as Port are looking to move him on.

From what I can tell Port are the ones who are shopping him around.

He only just recently signed until 2027 so there's no reason at all why his name would being floated unless Port were keen to move him on.

I'll maintain that he's only worth a pick in the late teens at most especially as Port are looking to move him on.
I thought the rumour was that he wanted to go back to Victoria at some stage?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Gollant's attack on the ball but I'm just not convinced he is bulking up enough to be viable at AFL level.

He was starting from a long way back but I'd hoped he fill out like the pictures of his old man and brothers.

Crazy thought - will he get delisted and player lower leagues, only to become a more threatening player with less day-to-day running and more boozing?
He’s a back man in my view

Never gets old and never ceases to be funny ....
Yes, it does!!

(Coopers : Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position!
Rory Walkerfield : Yes but it isn't just saying "no it isn't".
Coopers: Yes it is!
RW: No it isn't!
RW: No it ISN'T! Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just
the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says.
Coopers: It is NOT!
RW: It is!
Coopers: Not at all!
RW: It is! ... etc ) :sneaky:

I doubt he'll amount to much. Just a feeling from watching his highlights and a quarter or so in a state game.
He isn't having the year that was expected of him but it hasn't been bad, just so many have been very good and gone past him. But that is a wonderful thing and he may slip through to the 3rd round or later.

His speed, strength and accurate kick will make him a very damaging player but I think we'll need to be patient. Probably take a a few seasons to get him to the the level and might be one of those guys that has low possessions but high impact.

He isn't having the year that was expected of him but it hasn't been bad, just so many have been very good and gone past him. But that is a wonderful thing and he may slip through to the 3rd round or later.

His speed, strength and accurate kick will make him a very damaging player but I think we'll need to be patient. Probably take a a few seasons to get him to the the level and might be one of those guys that has low possessions but high impact.
^^

This.

Yes, it does!!

And then RW exited that room and went by accident into the next room and there was Bearded Clam (BC) randomly shouting at him...Rory says hold on I was leaving, and BC then says, oh sorry, this room is abuse

Yes, it does!!

Hey man, I'm just here to **** around.

Just for everyone's benefit: BE MORE FUNNY

Whatever happened to the '' thank christ Welsh is tanking '' brigade

I'm still here and I'm still stoked. Had some very impressive performances last year, so falling down the order when the most eyeballs are on him is great for us.

Playing him in our crappy SANFL side has worked wonders as well. Kept him well away from the action.

I doubt he'll amount to much. Just a feeling from watching his highlights and a quarter or so in a state game.
He has some talent but I think on what he has shown this year, it'll be a slow burn. If he makes it at all. I can't see a superstar in him. Some were predicting this for him last year. I wouldn't be surprised if he is taken in the 3rd round of the draft.

He has some talent but I think on what he has shown this year, it'll be a slow burn. If he makes it at all. I can't see a superstar in him. Some were predicting this for him last year. I wouldn't be surprised if he is taken in the 3rd round of the draft.
Where a player gets taken in the draft order isn't always a good indicator of talent...All Australians Lachie Neale. Tom Stewart and James Sicily were all 3rd rounders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back